Media Play News
|Year founded||January 2018|
|Company||JCH Media Inc|
|Based in||Carlsbad, California|
Search Media Play News on Amazon.
Media Play News is a trade publication in the home entertainment industry that covers all aspects of personal entertainment from the moment it leaves the movie theater or TV screen and is readied for viewing in the home, in the car, on a tablet or on a smartphone. The magazine emerged out of the now-defunct Home Media Magazine with core staff members, including Thomas K. Arnold, Stephanie Prange, John Boezinger, John Latchem and Erik Gruenwedel, transitioning to the new publication.
History and profile
Media Play News was founded in January 2018 by the core team behind Home Media Magazine. With a monthly print issue, the pulse of the operation are daily news on the magazine's website, along with research information and industry analysis feature articles. The site also maintains coverage of industry events, as well as editorial content ranging from opinion pieces to product reviews.
Home Media Awards
The Home Media Awards are annual awards rewarded to the best DVD, Blu-ray Disc, and 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray Disc products as determined by an independent panel of judges made up of industry peers. Originally instated by the now-defunct trade publication Home Media Magazine, the Home Media Awards were taken over by Media Play News to continue the tradition. The first Home Media Awards under the direction of Media Play News were announced in April 2018.
- "About us". Media Play News. Retrieved April 24, 2018.
- "Media Play News continues industry trade magazine tradition". dvdreview.com. Retrieved April 24, 2018.
- "Arnold launches Media Play News". cueentertainment.com. Retrieved April 24, 2018.
- "Home Media Awards Nominations". Home Media Awards. Retrieved April 24, 2018.
- "DC, Marvel, and 'Twin Peaks' Clean Up at Home Media Awards". comicbook.com. Retrieved April 24, 2018.
- "HOME MEDIA AWARD WINNERS & MORE". thedigitalbits.com. Retrieved April 30, 2018.
This article "Media Play News" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Media Play News. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.