Meg 2: The Trench
|Meg 2: The Trench|
|Directed by||Ben Wheatley|
|Based on||The Trench|
by Steve Alten
|Distributed by||Warner Bros. Pictures|
Search Meg 2: The Trench on Amazon.
Meg 2: The Trench is a science fiction action film, directed by Ben Wheatley with a screenplay by Dean Georgaris, Jon Hoeber, and Erich Hoeber, loosely based on the 1999 book The Trench by Steve Alten. Serving as a sequel to the 2018 film, the film is expected to star Jason Statham.
- Jason Statham as Jonas Taylor
In April 2018, Jason Statham said a The Meg sequel would happen if the film did well with the public, saying "I think it's like anything in this day and age — if it makes money, there's obviously an appetite to make more money. And if it doesn't do well, they'll soon sweep it under the carpet. But that's the way Hollywood works."
In August 2018, Steve Alten said "My feeling has always been that this is a billion dollar franchise if it was done right. But to be done right you had to get the shark right, get the cast right, get the tone right. And Warner Bros. have nailed it completely. The producers have nailed it." In October 2018, executive producer Catherine Xujun Ying announced a sequel was in the early stages of development. In March 2019, it was announced that a script for the film was in the works. In his September 2020 newsletter, Steve Alten confirmed the script, titled Meg 2: The Trench, to be complete, expressing interest in its "dark" tone and potential for an R-rating. On October 23, 2020, Ben Wheatley was announced to direct.
- "Jason Statham says 'The Meg' will get a sequel if giant shark movie hooks public". Entertainment Weekly. Meredith Corporation. April 23, 2018. Retrieved March 5, 2020.
- "Will there be a 'Meg 2'? Writer Steve Alten on the potential 'billion dollar franchise'". Metro. Retrieved March 5, 2020.
- D'Alessandro, Anthony (October 30, 2018). "'The Meg 2' In Very Early Stages: U.S.-China Entertainment Summit". Deadline Hollywood. Penske Media Corporation. Retrieved March 5, 2020.
- Evans, Nick (March 2, 2019). "What's Happening With Jason Statham's 'The Meg 2'?". Cinemablend. Archived from the original on March 31, 2019. Retrieved March 5, 2020. Unknown parameter
- Steve Alten's September Newsletter
- Kit, Borys (October 23, 2020). "'The Meg 2' Finds Its Director With 'Rebecca' Filmmaker Ben Wheatley (Exclusive)". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved October 23, 2020.
This article "Meg 2: The Trench" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Meg 2: The Trench. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.