Michael Barnes (Canadian author)
This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (July 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Born||September 26, 1934|
Michael Barnes, CM (born September 26, 1934) is a Canadian writer who is an authority on the history and folklore of Northern Ontario.
Born in London, England, Barnes came to Canada in 1956. He received a B.A. from the University of Western Ontario in 1964 and an M.Ed. from the University of Toronto in 1971.Hon. Inspector OPP 1991. Presiding Officer Canadian Citizenship Ceremonies 1995.
In 1994 he was made a Member of the Order of Canada.
- Haliburton ISIS Blow Down. 2018. (Kindle)
- Scoundrels and Rogues-The Canadian Connection. 2014.
- Someone to Watch over You (juv.). 2013.
- Northern Ontario-Introducing the Unknown Country. 2012.
- Building New Roads-The Marcel Labelle Story 2012, Commissioned work, unpublished
- Gold in Kirkland Lake. 2011.
- Fortunes Found-Canadian Mining Success. 2010.
- Haliburton in Highland Ontario. 2009.
- RED LAKE-Golden Treasure Chest. 2008.
- More Than Free Gold-Mineral Exploration in Canada since WWII. 2008.
- The Scholarly Prospector - Don MacKinnon. 2007.
- Whirlybird Applesauce in I Sold My Gold Tooth for Gas Money. 2006.
- Wolves and Haliburton Forest. 2004.
- Looking Back COBALT. 2004.
- Killer in the Bush. 2004.
- Looking Back KIRKLAND LAKE. 2003.
- HALIBURTON: Memories of Past Years. 2003.
- The Essential Haliburton: Discover Highland Ontario. 2001.
- The Tri-Towns. 2000.
- Dedication to Duty: OPP Officers Who Died Serving Ontario. 2000.
- Helping You. 1999.
- Pour Vous Aider. 1999.
- Great Northern Ontario Mines. 1998.
- North Bay: Northern Gateway. 1997.
- Gold in Ontario. 1996.
- Great Northern Characters. 1996.
- Hello Canada: Ontario. 1996.
- Ride the Polar Bear Express - Visiting Moosonee & Moose Factory. 1996.
- Kirkland Lake on the Mile of Gold'. 1994
- Temagami. 1992.
- The Gift. 1992.
- Policing Ontario - The OPP Today. 1991.
- Timmins - The Porcupine Country. 1985.
- Fortunes in the Ground. 1993.
- Polar Bear Express Country. 1988.
- Canadians All 8. 1988.
- Link With A Lonely Land. 1985
- The Best of Hartley Trusslers North Bay. 1981.
- Gateway City The North Bay Story. 1981.
- Police Story juv. 1981.
- Souvenir of Kirkland Lake. 1981.
- The Town That Stands on Gold. 1978.
- Just North. Six books high interest low vocabulary. 1974~1977.
- Gold in the Porcupine. 1976.
- Cochrane ~ The Polar Bear Town. 1976
- Night Search juv. 1975.
- Wawa Adventure juv. 1975.
- Cobalt Adventure juv. 1975.
- In the Public Service. The OPP juv. 1974.
- Jake Englehart. 1973.
- Rosa Brown Gold Camp Pioneer. 1973.
- Elizabeth Lumley (2001). Canadian Who's Who 2001: Volume 36. Search this book on
- "Michael Barnes". The Writers' Union of Canada. Archived from the original on September 27, 2007. Retrieved April 13, 2006.
|This article about a Canadian writer or poet is a stub. You can help EverybodyWiki by expanding it.|
This article "Michael Barnes (Canadian author)" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Michael Barnes (Canadian author). Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.