|Known for||Former Creative Director at Zynga, Director of Development for Massive Black (Fallout series), and President of Games at Gala Games.|
Michael McCarthy, is Gala Games, President of Games and Lead Developer of Town Star. He was known for his epic RPG games such as Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura, which gained the Editors' Choice Award by both IGN and GameZone.
Michael McCarthy is described as an all around guy according to an article in RPG CODEX. He has worked for Interplay Entertainment as the Lead Animator in 1996 to 1999.Prior to his journey with Zynga as the Director of Creative(2009-2015), he joined Troika Games as the Lead Artist (1999-2003), Director of Development in Massive Black (2005-2006), and later on founded Applied Cinematics LLC (2007-2009).
During his time with Zynga as the Director of Creative, he has put his heart into his work making Farmville 2 as one of the most played games in history by millions of people around the world.McCarthy with his team in Gala Games is innovating a platform that would bring such a big impact into the Blockchain and crypto space. Concurrently with the making of Town Star and Mirandus, MacCarthy with his team will continuously bring excitement into the gaming world.
- "About Gala Games".
- "Gala Games Unveils Epic RPG 'Mirandus' with Real Ownership of Unique Citadels". www.accesswire.com.
- "Michael McCarthy". Fallout Wiki.
- "From beyond the moons of Saturn, something turn-based this way comes. :: rpg codex > doesn't scale to your level". rpgcodex.net.
- "FarmVille Creator launches Blockchain games network - Cointelegraph". March 12, 2020.
- Tsagkarakis, George. "Inside GALA: An interview with Eric Schiermeyer".
Michael McCarthy on LinkedIn
This article "Michael McCarthy (game designer)" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Michael McCarthy (game designer). Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.