He received his MFA from the Iowa Writers' Workshop and has published his poems and reviews in many journals and anthologies, including The Best American Poetry, The New Yorker, Ploughshares, and The Paris Review. He studied acting at New York University, where he currently teaches writing. From 2001 until 2007, he was the book review editor of the literary magazine Chelsea. Tyrell had a cameo in the 2007 movie Husband for Hire and has appeared in short films and the 2011 film Walk Away Renee.
- Phantom Laundry. Backlash Press. 2017. ISBN 152720426X. Search this book on
- The Wanted. National Poetry Review Press. 2012. ISBN 978-1-935716-17-4. Search this book on
- Test Pilot Puppy. Illustrators Dave Cooper, Min S. Ku. Scholastic. 2006. ISBN 978-0-439-74404-1. Search this book on
- Julia Kasdorf, Michael Tyrell, ed. (April 2007). Broken Land: Poems of Brooklyn. New York University. ISBN 978-0-8147-4803-9. Search this book on
- "The Best American Poetry 2015" (Editor, Sherman Alexie)
- Cool Thing (Running Press, 2008).
|This American poet–related article is a stub. You can help EverybodyWiki by expanding it.|
|This biographical article about a print editor of the United States is a stub. You can help EverybodyWiki by expanding it.|
This article "Michael Tyrell" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Michael Tyrell. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.