Did you know a wiki could be used internally in your company ? For better knowledge management and internal communication. Less email and office files. 30 days free trial. (Ad)
Michaelene P. Grassli
Michaelene Packer Grassli (born June 19, 1940) was the eighth general president of the Primary organization of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church) from 1988 to 1994. She was a member of the Primary general presidency from 1980 to 1994.
Born in Salt Lake City, Utah, Michaelene Packer was raised in Blackfoot, Idaho. She attended Brigham Young University and later married Leonard M. Grassli in the Idaho Falls Temple. They are the parents of three children.
In 1975, Grassli became a member of the general board of the Primary. In 1980, she was asked to become the second counselor to general Primary president Dwan J. Young, and she served in this capacity until April 1988, when she was selected to succeed Young as the Primary general president. Grassli called Betty Jo N. Jepsen and Ruth B. Wright as her counselors. During Grassli's tenure, the Primary issued a new Children's Songbook for use in the Primary.
In 1994, Grassli and her counselors were released and Patricia P. Pinegar was selected to succeed Grassli. Grassli was a member of the National Cub Scout Committee of Boy Scouts of America and is a recipient of the Boy Scouts' Silver Beaver and Silver Antelope awards. She is the author of six books, including the coauthor with Susan Grassli Andersen of three children's storybooks based on incidents in the Book of Mormon. In 1995 and 1996, Grassli was a member of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir.
In 2006, Grassli was named the American Mother Inc.'s Utah Mother of the Year.
- All I Really Need is My Mom (Salt Lake City, Utah: Bookcraft, 1993) ISBN 0-88494-877-3 Search this book on .
- Ammon Saves the King's Sheep (Salt Lake City, Utah: Bookcraft, 2003)
- Jesus Visits the People of Nephi (Salt Lake City, Utah: Bookcraft, 2003)
- Nephi Breaks His Bow (Salt Lake City, Utah: Bookcraft, 2003)
- What I Have Learned from Children (Salt Lake City, Utah: Deseret Book, 1993) ISBN 0-87579-701-6 Search this book on .
- "Mormon Tabernacle Choir: Historical Member Roster", mormontabernaclechoir.org.
- "Utah Mother of Year, Young Mother named", Deseret Morning News, 2006-03-12.
- "New Primary Presidency Called," Ensign, May 1988, pp. 91–92
- "New Primary Presidency Sustained," Ensign, May 1980, p. 106
- Arnold K. Garr, Donald Q. Cannon & Richard O. Cowan (eds.) (2000). Encyclopedia of Latter-day Saint History (Salt Lake City, Utah: Deseret Book)
|The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints titles|
Dwan J. Young
| Primary General President
1988 – 1994
Patricia P. Pinegar
Dorthea C. Murdock
| Second Counselor in the
Primary General Presidency
1980 — 1988
Ruth B. Wright
This article "Michaelene P. Grassli" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Michaelene P. Grassli. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.