|Born||1994 (age 25–26)|
|Height||1.97 m (6 ft 6 in)|
|Sport||Slackline, Longline, Highline|
|Team||Hexaom / Lagoped / Altitude Eyewear / ECLAS|
Nathan Paulin is a French slackliner born in 1994, specialising in highline (slackline at height).
Nathan Paulin lives in Le Reposoir, a mountainous village in Haute-Savoie (France). He began slacklining in 2011 and found inner peace in the activity due to the intense concentration and mastery of the body involved. The wellbeing led to more practice, and his development was rapid, leading to him being one of the best athletes in the discipline by 2013.
Thanks to the support of his sponsors and through special events, he has been able to perform in a variety of settings (demonstrations, trade shows, conferences…).
Since 2018, after walking from the Eiffel Tower for the Téléthon, he has been a spokesperson for ECLAS (Ensemble contre l'mmyotrophie spinale de type 1).
Nathan Paulin holds several world records. On 14 November 2014, he beat the record for longest outdoor walk on a line at 601 metres (1,972 ft). In June 2015, he set two world records for height and length at 403 metres (1,322 ft) in Cassé de la Rivière de l'Est, on the island of La Réunion, at 470 metres (1,540 ft). On 19 April 2016, he walked with Czech Danny Mensik on a highline at 1,020 metres (3,350 ft) ·  and 600 metres (2,000 ft) high. The new record was a big jump for the discipline. His last performance, conducted with Pablo Signoret and Lucas Milliard, is the current world record for the highline at 1,662 metres (5,453 ft) and 300 metres (980 ft) high at the cirque de Navacelles on 9 June 2017.
During the Téléthon, on 9 December 2017, he walked the 670 metres (2,200 ft) which separates the Eiffel Tower from the Trocadéro, at a height of between 60 and 70 metres (200 and 230 ft). He set a new record for the longest walk in an urban area.
Notes and references
- Anthony Hernandez (21 November 2014). "Slackline : des funambules français battent un record du monde". Le Monde. Retrieved 13 May 2018..
- Aline V. "Slackline : Vidéo de la traversée de Nathan Paulin à La Réunion (403 mètres)". Meltyxtreme. Retrieved 13 May 2018..
- "Record du monde : Nathan Paulin et le Tchèque Danny Meník ont marché 1020 mètres au-dessus du vide". L'Équipe (in français). 21 April 2016. Retrieved 5 May 2016..
- Josh Sampiero. "World record ! These guys crossed a 1km slackline". Redbull. Retrieved 2016-05-05..
- Frédéric Mouchon (7 August 2017). "Le jour où... il a parcouru 1,6 km au-dessus du vide". Le Parisien. Retrieved 13 May 2018..
- "Le slackliner Nathan Paulin relie le Trocadéro depuis la Tour Eiffel à plus de 60 mètres du sol". France Info. 9 December 2017..
- Slackline and Highline
- Extreme sports
Other articles of the topic Sports : Boyd Melson, Ethan Ennis' National Basketball Association Most Valuable Player Award, National Collegiate Athletic Association, List of indoor volleyball World Champions, Ethan Ennis' NBA Finals Most Valuable Player Award, Renown United, Norway women's national under-19 floorball team
Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".
This article "Nathan Paulin" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Nathan Paulin. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.