|File:Neeraj Udhwani.jpg |
Neeraj Udhwani on the sets of 'Maska'
|Born||14 June 1983|
|🎓 Alma mater||Jai Hind College|
Film director and screenwriter
|📆 Years active||2006–present|
Ishita Moitra (m. 2016)
2006–present: As a screenwriter
Udhwani started his career off as a writer in 2006 with The Great Indian Comedy show on Star Plus. Some of his other work in television includes Gumrah on Channel V, Webbed on MTV (Indian TV channel) and Yeh hai Aashiqui for BBC. His first film as a scriptwriter was Madhur Bhandarkar's Dil Toh Baccha Hai Ji. Subsequently, he wrote the story and screenplay of Mere Dad Ki Maruti (2013) for Y films, a subsidiary of Yash Raj films. Udhwani also wrote Home (web series) for ALT Balaji and Inside Edge for Excel Entertainment released on Prime Video.
2020: As a director
Udhwani was raised in Mumbai. After finishing schooling from Little Angels High school, Sion, he went to Jai Hind College, Mumbai. A post-graduate, he completed his masters in English Literature from Mumbai University in 2011.
Udhwani is married to scriptwriter Ishita Moitra and lives in Mumbai, India.
Awards and Nominations
- MTV award for Best Story for Home (Alt Balaji) in 2019
- Jio Filmfare awards for Best short film "Aamad" in 2018
- Apsara Award for Best story for Dil Toh Bachha hai ji in 2012
- "Writers before BAEs". mid-day. 2020-04-05. Retrieved 2020-10-06.
- Rajesh, Author: Srividya (2020-04-01). "The response for Maska is huge with more than 190 countries watching it at the moment: Neeraj Udhwani, Writer and Director". IWMBuzz. Retrieved 2020-10-06.
- Correspondent, Our. "The moral choices of characters may make them unlikeable for audiences: Neeraj Udhwani on Maska". Cinestaan. Retrieved 2020-10-06.
- Correspondent, Our. "OTT or theatres? Filmmakers Anvita Dutt, Neeraj Udhwani, Honey Trehan, Sharan Sharma discuss". Cinestaan. Retrieved 2020-10-06.
- "'Aamad', A Moving Short Film By Neeraj Udhwani, Offers An Interesting Take On Father-Son Relationship". HuffPost India. 2017-06-25. Retrieved 2020-10-06.
- Team, Author: Editorial (2018-09-24). "Writing for ALTBalaji's Home has been a satisfying experience: Writer Neeraj Udhwani". IWMBuzz. Retrieved 2020-10-06.
- Shrivastava, Anuradha (2017-06-13). "Saqib Saleem shoots Neeraj Udhwani's short film Aamad for Father's Day". www.indiatvnews.com. Retrieved 2020-10-06.
- Kamath, Sudhish (2013-03-16). "Mere Dad Ki Maruti: A breezy drive". The Hindu. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 2020-10-06.
- "Maska: Manisha Koirala, Shirley Setia, Prit Kamani to star in Neeraj Udhwani's upcoming Netflix film – Entertainment News , Firstpost". Firstpost. 2019-07-31. Retrieved 2020-10-06.
- "Maska movie review: Netflix and Manisha Koirala offer dollop of good-natured fun during dark times". Hindustan Times. 2020-03-27. Retrieved 2020-10-06.
- "Maska teaser: Shirley Setia, Prit Kamani explore Mumbai's famed Parsi cuisine in Netflix's upcoming feature – Entertainment News , Firstpost". Firstpost. 2020-02-17. Retrieved 2020-10-06.
- "Aamad – Drama Short Film | Jio Filmfare Short Film Awards". filmfare.com. Retrieved 2020-10-06.
- Neeraj Udhwani on IMDb
This article about an Indian film director is a stub. You can help EverybodyWiki by expanding it.
This article "Neeraj Udhwani" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Neeraj Udhwani. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.