New Zealand Geospatial Office
|Headquarters||Radio New Zealand House, 155 The Terrace, Wellington |
|Parent agency||Land Information New Zealand|
New Zealand Geospatial Office is a business unit within the Location Information division of Land Information New Zealand.
Their responsibilities included:
- supporting the development of an all-of-government Work Programme and the governance structures set up as part of the New Zealand Geospatial Strategy
- promoting greater accessibility, access and interoperability of geospatial data
- advising Government on policy for geospatial information
- facilitating communication between members of the geospatial community.
- developing the Geodata web site: http://geodata.govt.nz/about-geodata-govt-nz/ (still functioning as of December 2016
The NZGO is composed of four persons working on catalogs, standards, addressing and stewardship. The NZGO is associated with the CRCSI and other organisations. Template:NZ Public Service Departments
This article "New Zealand Geospatial Office" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:New Zealand Geospatial Office. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.