No Sleep Festival
|No Sleep Festival|
|Genre||Techno, Big beat, House, Synth-pop, EDM|
|Dates||Four days, starting on the third Thursday of November (2018–present)|
First day of EXIT Festival (2017)
15–18 November 2018
|Location(s)||Multiple locations, Belgrade, Serbia (2018–present)|
Petrovaradin fortress, Novi Sad, Serbia (2017)
|Founded by||Dušan Kovačević, Ivan Milivojev|
The festival was founded in 2017 in Novi Sad as a part of the EXIT Festival, influenced by the festival's No Sleep Novi Sad stage, which was introduced in 2002 as HappyNoviSad stage. The first edition of the festival was held during the first day of the EXIT festival, at the festival's Dance Arena, and it attracted 20,000 visitors. In 2018, it became a stand-alone festival, as it was moved from the Petrovaradin fortress to Belgrade.
History[edit | edit source]
The festival began in 2017 as a part of the EXIT Festival. During its existence, No Sleep has been visited by over 20,000 people from more than 60 countries. Resident Advisor, DJ Mag, XLR8R, Data Transmission and many others have on numerous occasions praised No Sleep.
The initial idea was created with EXIT’s No Sleep Novi Sad stage which quickly gained international fame. Each year, EXIT partners through No Sleep with some of the world’s most popular clubs which are showcased at the festival and make launch events. The list includes fabric, Tresor, Sub Club etc.
Location[edit | edit source]
No Sleep takes place at multiple locations in Belgrade, including the central mammoth warehouse, known as the New Hangar in Port of Belgrade, next to Danube river. It will also include lineups at city's well-known clubs like Drugstore, 20/44 and various other spots, with some of the world's most popular electronic music acts, alongside local talents.
Key Venues[edit | edit source]
Dance Arena[edit | edit source]
EXIT Festival's Dance Arena was the venue of the first No Sleep festival in 2017. It is widely considered one of the best electronic arenas in the world. It can host over 25,000 people.
The show on the Dance Arena starts in the evening, and plays all night long, until dawn.
Dance Arena has hosted some of the most influential DJs and producers in the world, such as Jeff Mills during the No Sleep and EXIT festivals and Fatboy Slim, Lee Burridge, Nina Kraviz, Underworld, Danny Tenaglia, Groove Armada, Luciano, Avicii, Richie Hawtin, David Guetta, Afrojack, Quintino, Carl Cox, Deep Dish, Disclosure, Faithless, Hardwell, Martin Garrix, Paul Kalkbrenner, Solomun, Dixon, Black Coffee, Jamie Jones, Duke Dumont, Robin Schulz, Nicole Moudaber, Adam Beyer, Ida Engberg, Carl Craig, Guy Gerber, Joseph Capriati, Maceo Plex and many more during the EXIT festival.
New Hangar[edit | edit source]
New Hangar is a mammoth warehouse located in Port of Belgrade, next to Danube river. It was introduced as the festival's main venue in 2018, along with other nightclubs, such as Drugstore, 20/44 etc.
Drugstore[edit | edit source]
Drugstore is one of the more popular nightclubs in Belgrade, along with 20/44 etc.
20/44[edit | edit source]
20/44 is one of the more popular nightclubs in Belgrade.
History by years[edit | edit source]
No Sleep 2017[edit | edit source]
The inaugural installment of No Sleep was held during the first day of the 2017 edition of the EXIT Festival on the festival's Dance Arena.
No Sleep Festival 2017 took place 5 July 2017. It was attended by 20,000 people.
No Sleep 2018[edit | edit source]
On 15 July, it was announced that the No Sleep Festival would move from the Petrovaradin Fortress to Belgrade, where it would be held at multiple locations.
No Sleep Festival 2018 will take place 15–18 November 2018.
Besides its two main events, No Sleep Festival will also feature daytime parties, workshops and exhibitions, along with a music conference with popular international and local speakers.
Festival by year[edit | edit source]
|2017||5 July||20,000||Jeff Mills||Ellen Allien, Vatican Shadow|
|2018||15–18 November||Fatboy Slim, Nina Kraviz, Cassius, Lee Burridge||Olof Dreijer|
References[edit | edit source]
- "EXIT announced a new No Sleep Festival in Belgrade: First acts include Nina Kraviz, Dax J and I Hate Models — No Sleep Festival". No Sleep Festival. 2018-07-26. Retrieved 2018-09-15.
- "Jeff Mills leads the special No Sleep line-up within the Exit Festival! | EXIT Festival, Serbia, 4 - 7 July 2019". Exitfest. 2017-05-22. Retrieved 2018-09-15.
- "Kompletiran program druge najveće elektronske bine Exita". Happynovisad.com. Retrieved 2018-09-15.
- Advisor, Resident. "Review: Exit Festival 2018". Resident Advisor. Retrieved 2018-09-15.
- "Jeff Mills Added to No Sleep Lineup at Exit Festival". XLR8R. Retrieved 2018-09-15.
- "EXIT reveals full line-up of the iconic No Sleep Novi Sad stage - Data Transmission". Data Transmission. 2018-04-05. Retrieved 2018-09-15.
- "Exit (festival)", Wikipedia, 2018-10-19, retrieved 2018-10-29
- "Fatboy Slim Announces an Exclusive Warehouse Rave at No Sleep Festival in Belgrade! — No Sleep Festival". No Sleep Festival. 2018-09-12. Retrieved 2018-09-15.
- "Noćni simbol Pariza slavi 30 godina u Beogradu, na No Sleep Festival dolaze Cassius i Lee Burridge! | EXIT Festival, Srbija, 4 -7. jul 2019". Exitfest (in српски / srpski). 2018-10-04. Retrieved 2018-10-08.
- "Lineup > New Hangar — No Sleep Festival 2018". No Sleep Festival 2018. Retrieved 2018-10-29.
- "Lineup > Drugstore — No Sleep Festival 2018". No Sleep Festival 2018. Retrieved 2018-10-29.
- "Na No Sleep Festival dolaze Cassius i Lee Burridge - CdM". CdM. 2018-04-10. Retrieved 2018-10-04.
This article "No Sleep Festival" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:No Sleep Festival. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.