Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
|Died||17 November 2017 (aged 87)|
São Paulo, Brazil
|Occupation||Isolation, Civil Engineering and Automobile collector|
|Known for||Collection of 170 automobiles|
Og Pozzoli (1930 Rio de Janeiro – 17 November 2017 São Paulo) was a precursor of Brazilian automobile collection in Brazil from 1958 until his death. He was pioneer improving further the insulation company of his family predecessors in Brazil, and was director of the enterprise until he died.
Bibliography[edit | edit source]
- 1948 - Sergeant of the army by VI RE, of Caçapava, in São Paulo with 19 years old.
- 1956 - 1957, employee at Mc-Hardy Company, in Campinas, which had a large import section of thermal insulation, coinciding with the specialization in industrial asbestos building insulation.
- 1958 - Followed his father José Wanderley Pozzoli at Isoterma. Representative of the third generation of a family of engineers specializing in waterproofing, he took an interest in naturally awakened engineering. In Rio Grande do Norte, Natal, he began to work in the wholesale warehouse of his uncle's construction materials, which put him in direct contact with engineers and the building industry. His grandfather, Arthur Pozzoli, who specialized in waterproofing in England and, in the late nineteenth century, came to Brazil when the English despised the work camp there, and his father, who waterproofed dams and reservoirs and the Martinelli Building in 1926 founded the Isotherm with him.
- The latitude of the city of Natal, similar to that of Dakar, in Africa, and in one of the most eastern points in Brazil, obliged Iberia flights from Europe, calling at the African country, to take a straight line at the northeast of Brazil. This coincidence made it possible for him to take courses in waterproofing in University of Madrid Spain, Aarhus Denmark and Lyon France in the 1950s.
- Back in Brazil, he realized that Natal would not have his ambitions. Rumored, in January 1956, for the capital of São Paulo guiding an Opel P4 1937 for 17 days. Except for the final 400 km, from Rio de Janeiro by Via Dutra, the rest of the nearly 3,000 km were in severity roads. In time, the Opel P4 1937, which brought him to São Paulo was sold.
- 1963 - finished Studies of Economics at PUC-SP (Pontifical Catholic University of São Paulo).
- Historian and scholar in love with the 1932 revolution.
- The dedication to the study of the Revolution, as well as the services provided, were already recognized by the São Paulo City Council, which awarded him the title of citizen of São Paulo.
- The automobile collection began, in fact, in 1958 with the purchase of a 1948 Lincoln Continental, whose high fuel consumption from the 12-cylinder and ten-year-old car made it an unattractive vehicle to most people. "A car that was worthless, but allowed me to start the collection," he said. The model was special because only five were made, and only two were left, one that served Franklin Delano Roosevelt, president of the United States (1933-1945), that now it is at the White House Museum in Washington and the other that the São Paulo government had for years, leading to tours form 1950s to 1960s, the presidents Craveiro Lopes (Portugal), Giovanni Gronchi (Italy), Charles de Gaulle (France) and Queen Elizabeth II with her husband Prince Philip (England).
- Of so many contracts that closed him to Brasilia, indicated by the architect Oscar Niemeyer, recommended his company, which even made a branch of it in the brazilian capital. In addition to the construction of Brasília, he worked with Niemeyer in more than 400 thousand m² in Algeria. Among the Brazilian works that rely on Isoterma waterproofing, the Jupiá, Ilha Solteira and Promissão hydroelectric plants stand out, among others, some stretches of the São Paulo Metro and the FAU-USP (Faculty of Architecture and Urbanism of the University of São Paulo). The company had the main office at a barroque house in Avenue Pacaembú 1738 in São Paulo. He also isolated MASP (Museum of Art of São Paulo), because the huge free span in concrete.
- 170 old automobile vehicles bought and stored in his house in Cotia, some unique in world like a 1918 Moon 6-45 Piton Touring of President Washington Luiz and other from Governor of São Paulo.
- Drove some celebrities in his cars, as the Queen Elizabeth II during visit at Masp, Pope John Paul II during visit in Brazil a board at 1928 Chrysler Imperial model with aluminum body, for 81 Km between two cities in São Paulo and, in other opportunity, he drove the Princess Michiko Shoda, wife of Prince Akihito from Japan on a tour through São Paulo.
- One of those stories is about the older cars in the collection, two Fiat Country Bus, from 1912 and 1914, which was rejected to be sold for US$ 1 million dollars to Fiat president Gianni Agnelli saying: “If I agree to sell I will continue at the same house, taking the same wine. The only difference is not having my Fiats”.
After Life[edit | edit source]
His major dream about the cars after his death is that it would be all together. Due Cancer disease in the rest of his life, some were sold to pay the costs of medicine and treatment, but the rest of entire collection was bought by Lia Maria Aguiar foundation, daughter of Bradesco Bank Amador Aguiar founder, who constructed a car museum with restoration school at Campos do Jordão and transferred the collection to there for future generations' appreciation. At the deposit building at his previous house in Cotia, one of his four sons, opened a restaurant. The collection was purchased in 'closed doors terms', i. e. all inside to be transferred. All vehicles are in excellent conditions and running.
References[edit | edit source]
- "Og Pozzoli, há 50 anos no mercado, o economista seguiu a vocação do pai e do avô, pioneiros da impermeabilização, e atuou nas maiores obras do País" (in português). July 2008.
- "Residência de Romeu Nunes" (in português). 18 September 2018.
- "Fundação Lia Maria Aguiar - Og Pozolli". youtube. 10 September 2018.
[edit | edit source]
Others articles of the Topics Brazil AND Biography : MC Primo
Others articles of the Topic Brazil : Brazil women's junior national softball team, Turkish Brazilians, MC Primo
Others articles of the Topic Biography : Manzoor Pashteen, Tzy Panchak, Floyd Smith (Louisiana politician), Graydon K. Kitchens Jr., Joe A. Guerra, William G. Stewart (Louisiana), John Lennon
|This Brazil-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about an automotive organization (not manufacturer) is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This organization-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
This article "Og Pozzoli" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Og Pozzoli. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.