PRince (cartoon character)
|PRince (cartoon character)|
PRince is a cartoon character, created by Indian cartoonist Triambak Sharma and published in the monthly ezine PR-e-Sense published by Prime Point Foundation.
Developing cartoon character
Based on the suggestions of former Indian President Dr A. P. J. Abdul Kalam, the editorial team of monthly ezine PR-e-Sense decided to introduce cartoons in the ezine. When an announcement to the effect was made in the discussion groups, Mr Triambak Sharma, a well-known cartoonist from Raipur and the editor of Cartoon watch volunteered to provide cartoons for the ezine every month. Instead of publishing regular assorted cartoons, the editorial team decided on creation of a cartoon character, on the lines of R. K. Laxman's ‘Common Man’, to convey the message. After deliberations, it was decided to create a young male character representing the new generation Indian youth. This character was named as 'PRince'.
Journey of Prince
Every edition of PR-e-Sense from July 2008 onwards contains the PRince cartoon. In every issue, PRince conveys a powerful message with a sense of humour.
On 23 April 2010, The Wall Street Journal, carried one of the PRince cartoons with the permission of Triambak Sharma.
- "Announcement". Finance.groups.yahoo.com. Retrieved 2013-07-20.
- "Exchange4Media". Exchange4Media. 2008-08-06. Archived from the original on 2013-07-26. Retrieved 2013-07-20. Unknown parameter
- "CG-04 dot com news". Cg-04.com. 2008-07-24. Retrieved 2013-07-20.
- "Launch of PRince". Corpezine.com. 2008-07-25. Retrieved 2013-07-20.
- "Launch by Dr Abdul Kalam". Finance.groups.yahoo.com. Retrieved 2013-07-20.
- "Wall Street Journal link". Online.wsj.com. 2010-04-23. Retrieved 2013-07-20.
- "cg-04 dot com". Cg-04.com. 2013-07-14. Retrieved 2013-07-20.
- "Cartoon Festival". Corpezine.com. 2008-07-24. Retrieved 2013-07-20.
- "The Tech. Hub". Mvpriyank.com. 2013-06-23. Retrieved 2013-07-20.
- "HindianExpress". HindianExpress. Retrieved 2013-07-21.
This article "PRince (cartoon character)" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:PRince (cartoon character). Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.