This article may contain wording that promotes the subject through exaggeration of unnoteworthy facts. (June 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (June 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Paolo Tasca, FinTech Economist
Bassano del Grappa, Vicenza, ItalyOctober 13, 1976
|Residence||London, United Kingdom|
|Alma mater||University of Padua, Ca’ Foscari Univ. of Venice, ETH Zürich|
|Occupation||Executive Director at UCL Centre for Blockchain Technologies|
|Known for||Blockchain, public speaker, digital currencies|
Paolo Tasca (born 1976) is an Italian economist, researcher, public speaker, author and advisor. He is a Founding Director[not in citation given][non-primary source needed] of the Centre for Blockchain Technologies at the University College London. He previously conducted early research[non-primary source needed] on digital currencies and P2P finance at the Deutsche Bundesbank. He is an advisor on Distributed Ledger Technology (DLT) and P2P financial systems for various international organizations including the European Parliament. Tasca is a co-author of The FINTECH Book, co-editor of the books Banking Beyond Banks and Money and the book Blockchain Economics: Implications of Distributed Ledgers.
Education[edit | edit source]
Tasca graduated in Politics and Economics (summa cum laude) from the University of Padua. He subsequently obtained a M.Sc in Economics and Finance from the Ca' Foscari University of Venice before doing a PhD[non-primary source needed][non-primary source needed] in Business between Ca’ Foscari University of Venice and ETH Zurich.
Career[edit | edit source]
After his post-doc research[non-primary source needed] on systemic risk at ETH Zurich, Tasca joined the Systemic Risk Centre at the London School of Economics. In 2014, he moved to Germany, where he pioneered a new research area on P2P lending and digital currencies at Deutsche Bundesbank. While working at the Deutsche Bundesbank, he initiated the international workshop series P2P Financial Systems, which is featuring its third edition in 2017.[non-primary source needed] In 2016, he joined the University College London to build the Research Centre for Blockchain Technologies, an interdepartmental industry-oriented research center. Paolo Tasca presented his research[non-primary source needed][non-primary source needed][non-primary source needed][non-primary source needed] at numerous conferences[non-primary source needed] all over the world. Tasca is one of the co-founders of Quant Network and one of the minds behind Overledger.[non-primary source needed][non-primary source needed]
References[edit | edit source]
- "People UCL CBT".
- Matsakis, Louise (2018-04-04). "The Cryptocurrency Industry Might Actually Benefit From an Ad Ban". Wired. ISSN 1059-1028. Retrieved 2019-06-22.
- "Rise of smaller rivals throws up fresh challenge to bitcoin". Reuters. 2019-05-15. Retrieved 2019-06-22.
- "How does P2P lending fit into the consumer credit market?" (PDF). Deutsche Bundesbank: Discussion Paper. 30/2016: 24. 2016.
- "The Fed - Do Marketplace Lending Platforms Offer Lower Rates to Consumers?". www.federalreserve.gov. Retrieved 2019-06-22.
- Tasca, Paolo (2011). "Diversification, Leverage and Systemic Risk". Dottorato di Ricerca in Economia Aziendale Scuola Superiore di Economia: 89.
- "30+ anni di aziendalisti in Laguna". edizionicafoscari.unive.it. Retrieved 2019-06-22.
- emresar. "Models of systemic risk - ETH - Chair of Systems Design - Welcome". www.sg.ethz.ch. Retrieved 2017-03-02.
- Meijer, Raúl Ilargi (2012-08-09). "We Finally Have A Way To Measure Which Banks Are Too Big To Fail". Business Insider Australia. Retrieved 2019-06-22.
- "P2P FINANCIAL SYSTEMS".
- "Paolo Tasca - Google Scholar Citations". scholar.google.com. Retrieved 2017-03-02.
- "Author Page for Paolo Tasca :: SSRN". papers.ssrn.com. Retrieved 2017-03-02.
- "arXiv.org Search". arxiv.org. Retrieved 2017-03-02.
- "Conferences - Paolo Tasca".
- "Overledger Whitepaper" (PDF). Retrieved 2018-01-31.
- "Espacenet - Bibliographic data". worldwide.espacenet.com. Retrieved 2019-06-22.
[edit | edit source]
This article "Paolo Tasca" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Paolo Tasca. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.