Dr. Parag Sancheti, son of Dr. Kantilal Hastimal Sancheti, carries forward the legacy of his father as the Chairman and Managing Director of Sancheti Institute for Orthopedics and Joint Replacement Center. He takes a holistic approach towards medicine and is a specialist in total joint replacement surgery of the hip and knee, knee arthroscopy, pelvic and acetabulam fractures, and sports injuries.
He is credited for initiating and revolutionizing the concept of Medical Tourism, which makes superior orthopedic services available to patients who travel to India from other countries for health-related reasons.
Dr. Parag has been associated with the Indian Association of Sports Medicine (IASM) since 1996, and is currently the President of IASM. He also has various other titles to his name, gathered from holding important positions in organisations over the course of his career. His contributions to the development of the city resulted in his winning a number of social awards such as the Rashtra Seva Puraskar, Best Chapter Award, MITCON Achievers Awards and was nominated as one of the ‘Icons of Pune’ by the Lokmat Group.
Education and Qualifications
Dr. Parag Sancheti did his schooling at Loyola High School and St. Vincent’s Junior College in Pune, covering his Primary and Secondary Education between from 1972 to 1984, after which, he got an M.B.B.S. degree from B.J. Medical College, Pune, where he studied from July 1984 to December 1989. He then specialised in Orthopaedics at B. J. Medical College and Sassoon General Hospital from 1990 to 1992, and received a Diplomate in National Board Examination in 1993. Following this, he bagged a Clinical Fellowship in Trauma at Queens Medical Centre in Nottingham, A. O. Fellowship, (F. ASIF) from University Hospital in Zurich, Fellowship in Pelvi Acetabular trauma from Parkland Hospital in Dallas, and a Fellowship in Arthroscopy from Katharinen Hospital in Stuttgart. In October 2002, he then went on to obtain a M.Ch. in Orthopaedics from Dundee University. From June to September 2007, he got a Fellowship in Joint Replacement Surgery from Lenox Hill Hospital in New York, and finally received the honourable FRCS from Royal College of Surgeons in Edinburgh.
- Professor & Dean, Sancheti Institute for Orthopedics & Rehabilitation, Pune
- Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon & Knee Specialist, Sancheti Hospital for Specialised Surgeries, Pune
- Visiting faculty for M.Ch. Course, at University of Dundee, Ninewells Hospital & TORT Center (Scotland) U.K.
- Visiting Professor at McMaster University, Hamilton, Canada
- President – Asia Pacific Arthroplasty Society (APAS)
- President – Maharashtra Orthopedic Association (MOA)
- Secretary General – BJD (Bone and Joint Decade)
- Past President – Indian Association of Sports Medicine ( IASM)
- Past President - Poona Orthopedic Society
- Past Secretary General – Asia Pacific Knee Society
- Founder Member and Educational chair - Indian Society of Hip & Knee Surgeons (ISHKS)
- President - MCh Alumni Association (U.K.)
- Scientific Committee Member - International Society of Arthroscopy, Knee Surgery & Orthopedic Sports Medicine (ISAKOS)
- Chair- Basic Sciences & Research Committee - Indian Orthopedic Association (IOA)
- Executive Member - Asian Federation of Sports Medicine (AFSM)
- Treasurer and Membership Chair - APKASS (Asia Pacific Society for Knee Arthroscopy and Sports Medicine)
- Executive Committee Member – MOACON
- Secretary - Indian Arthroscopy Society (IAS)
- Convener of Medical Committee - Commonwealth Youth Games, Pune, India
- Editorial Board - Indian Journal of Orthopedics
- Secretary - Pune Orthopedic Society
- Appointed as a University Post Graduate Teacher for M.S. (Orthopedics) in 1998
- Appointed as an examiner - MBBS & MS(Ortho) by Pune University in 2001
- Best Presentations Skills Award of Distinction for his thesis work in 2003 during the M. Ch. Course at Dundee University
- Appointed as a visiting faculty for the M.Ch. Ortho course conducted by the Dundee University in U.K. in 2004
- Received the Best Paper Award during the Indian Arthroplasty Association Meeting held in Chandigarh, India, in 2007, for his paper ‘INDUS KNEE – Results of 150 Early Cases’.
- Appointed as Professor, Maharashtra University for Health Sciences (MUHS), Nashik, in 2005
- Recognized as Ph.D Guide in Orthopedics by Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, Nashik, in 2012
- Appointed on Academic Council by Maharashtra University of Health Sciences (MUHS) in 2013
- Appointed as Visiting Faculty by McMaster University, Canada in 2013*Became Dean of P G College, (MUHS), Pune in 2014
- Appointed on Academic Council by Bharati Vidyapeeth University, Pune in 2017
- Appointed on Academic Council by Symbiosis International University, Pune in 2017
- Rashtra Seva Puraskar - Presented for his exemplary work in the field of social health. The award was given by Dr. Manibhai Desai Pratisthan in 2004.
- Award of Excellence - Awarded by Governor of Maharashtra for Dr. Parag’s contribution to Orthopedics on 15th February 2006.
- Best Chapter Award - Received during his tenure as the Secretary of Poona Orthopedic Society.
- MITCON Achievers Award - Awarded for his exemplary contribution to the field of Medicine on 25th February 2014
- Icon of Pune by the Lokmat Group
Dr. Sancheti is also known for his extensive research and academic work in the field of orthopedics, and is a part of the honorary Fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeons (FRCS). Dr. Sancheti has presented numerous papers in India as well as overseas and has also won many awards for his work. He has over 50 publications in national and international journals, inclusions in medical textbooks as a part of school curriculum, and has authored the book ‘Clinical Research Made EASY.’
- "Dr Parag Sancheti to head Indian Association of Sports Medicine". 9 February 2016.
- "Iaacon 2016". www.iaacon2016.com.
This article "Parag Sancheti" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Parag Sancheti. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.