This article is about the breathing coach. For the Irish politician, see Alexander Bowman (Irish politician).
|Born||16 October 1973|
Patrick McKeown (born October 16, 1973) is a practitioner-trainer of the Buteyko Breathing Technique (BBT) for non-pharmaceutical treatment of asthma and other respiratory disorders, founder of Asthma Care Clinics in Ireland and author of self-help books.
McKeown was born and brought up in Galway in Ireland. In 1997 he graduated from Trinity College Dublin with a Master Degree in Economics, Political Science and Social Studies.
He was diagnosed with chronic asthma in his childhood and was suffering from multiple respiratory disorders including Rhinitis and sleep-disordered breathing for 20 years.
He came across a publication which described an experimental breathing technique discovered in Russia by a Moscow physiologist called Konstantin Buteyko. The method was based on a simple idea of breathing volume reduction and demonstrated a large percentage of full recovery cases during clinical approbations worldwide. Upon completion of the training program at Buteyko Breathing Clinic in Moscow in 2002, he defeated his asthma attacks.
He was authorized then to teach Professor Buteyko's breathing method.
Later that year, he returned to Ireland and founded Buteyko Clinic International. He taught the Buteyko Breathing Technique to practitioners and healthcare professionals from 40 countries and held BBT workshops in 10 countries: Ireland, the UK, USA, Canada, Australia, France, Denmark, Holland, Finland, Poland, Turkey and Israel. 
A TEDx speaker, Patrick’s work has touched the lives of thousands and more worldwide. His work has been published by Harper Collins (UK), William Morrow Press (USA), Red Wheel Weiser (USA), Sperling & Kupfer (Italy), Kanki Publishing Inc. (Japan). Journal publications include the American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine, The Journal of the American Orthodontic Society and Clinical Otolaryngology.
|Asthma Free Naturally||2003||Asthma Care||ISBN 0954599608 Search this book on .|
|Close Your Mouth: Buteyko Clinic Handbook for Perfect Health||2004||Asthma Care||ISBN 0954599616 Search this book on .|
|ABC to be asthma free. A Buteyko clinic self-help book for children||2004||Asthma Care||ISBN 0954599624 Search this book on .|
|Buteyko DVD||2009||Asthma Care||DVD|
|Buteyko Children||2010||Asthma Care||DVD|
|Anxiety free: stop worrying and quieten your mind||2010||Buteyko Books||ISBN 9780954599645 Search this book on .|
|Buteko meets Dr. Mew||2010||Asthma Care||ISBN 0956682308 Search this book on .|
|Sleep with Buteyko: Stop snoring, sleep apnea and insomnia||2011||Asthma Care||ISBN 0956682375 Search this book on .|
|Stop snoring, sleep apnea and insomnia||2013||Asthma Care Danmark.||ISBN 8799186446 Search this book on .|
|The Oxygen Advantage||2018||Asthma Care||ISBN 0349406707 Search this book on .|
|Poder del Oxigeno||2018||Spanish edition||ISBN 0062349457 Search this book on .|
|Oxygen. Il potere del respiro||2018||Italian edition||ISBN 8820061392 Search this book on .|
|Zuurstofwinst||2017||Dutch Edition||ASIN B0749HKX1M|
|Erfolgsfaktor Sauerstoff||2018||German edition||ISBN 9783742304681 Search this book on .|
|Egészséges életmód||2017||Hungarian edition||ISBN 9786155609961 Search this book on .|
|Tlenowa Przewaga||2017||Polish Edition|
|The Oxygen Advantage||2017||Japanese edition||ISBN 9784761272951 Search this book on .|
Publications include co-authoring a clinical study presented as a poster at The American Thoracic Society 2017 International conference. He was a co-author in a randomized single-blind controlled trial that included 35 children between 7 and 12 years old with mouth breathing and mild to moderate asthma. The children were trained in Buteyko or educational interventions on asthma for a period of three weeks.
The Oxygen Advantage book has been published in 14 languages.
He lives in Moycullen,Galway, Ireland and is married with one child.
- "Breathing technique goes global for Patrick". Judy Murphy, Connaught Tribune. April 20 2016
- "Snoring is no joke: Important that you are aware of the solutions". Irish Examiner. April 25 2018
- "A bootcamp for the breath may lead to better health all round". Sarah Berry, Sydney Morning Herald. October 25 2017
- "If you are a mouth breather, close your lips and read this". Australian Financial Review. November 14 2017. Retrieved October 17 2018
- "We breathe too much through the mouth, it is right through the nose". Medicina Slovenia. October 11 2018
- "Breathing technology helps athletes train smarter, compete harder". Marcus Fuller, Sports Illustrated. June 21 2016
- "How you breathe may be the reason you're struggling to lose weight". Deccan Chronicle. September 3 2016
- "Is it possible to lose weight with breathing techniques?". Sozcu, Turkey. July 18 2018
- "Why Nose Breathing Is so Important for Optimal Health and Fitness". Dr. Mercola's Natural Health Newsletter. July 30 2016
- "Real Life: How clever inhaling can prevent you from ailing". Amanda Phelan, Irish Independant. April 11 2011. Retrieved October 17 2018
- "Struggling to lose weight? The way you BREATHE may be to blame, claims expert who coaches Olympic athletes". Mail Online. August 30 2017
- "The Oxygen Advantage review". Publishers Weekly. August 3 2015. Retrieved October 20 2018
- "The many faces of Asthma in childhood". ATS Journals.
- "Profile in Oral Health; Nose Breathing for Good Health, Fitness and Correct Craniofacial Development by Patrick McKeown". Dentaltown. September 2013. Retrieved October 16 2018
- "Is the Way You Breathe Holding You Back? with Patrick McKeown". Runners Connect. Retrieved October 16 2018
This article "Patrick McKeown" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Patrick McKeown. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.