Ritchey in 2015
|Born||Paul Vincent Ritchey|
February 1, 1984
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, U.S.
|Residence||Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, U.S.|
Jennifer Lynne Barclay (m. 2017)
|Total views||43 million|
|Updated June 13, 2020|
Paul Vincent Ritchey (born February 1, 1984), is an American filmmaker, web-host and internet personality, residing in Philadelphia. Ritchey is the co-creator and co-host of the weekly gaming comedy show Continue?, which was formerly a part of the video game entertainment website Normal Boots. As of June 2020, Continue?'s YouTube channel has 210,000 subscribers and 43 million views.
Ritchey was born in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania to a family of Italian heritage.
Ritchey began his YouTube career whilst working for video game news and review website, Gamervision.com. Gamervision launched it's YouTube channel in January 2007, the most popular content on the channel was a string of parody trailers of popular movies and video games. Ritchey featured in many of these videos which parodied the likes of Inglourious Basterds, God of War, Maniac Mansion, Left 4 Dead, Tron: Legacy, and The Legend of Zelda.
On December 14, 2009 the first episode of Continue? was uploaded to Gamervision's YouTube channel. Although Ritchey became one of the three regular co-hosts alongside Dominic Moschitti and Nick Murphy, he did not make his first on-screen appearance until the third episode, "Home Alone 1 & 2". On the show, the three hosts sit down and play a video game, usually from a retro console, for around 30 minutes, whilst providing humorous commentary over footage of the gameplay. At the end of the episode the hosts provide a verdict, stating whether they would 'Continue' the game, or 'Game Over' and stop playing.
In 2010 Gamervision changed it's focus, becoming a Swap and Sell site for gamers, and in 2011 the site lost funding, laying off Ritchey, Moschitti and Murphy. As the show had proved to be one of the most popular recurring series on Gamervision's YouTube channel, the three hosts decided to keep making Continue?, launching their own channel on April 18, 2011.
Ritchey was married to long-term partner, Jennifer Lynne Barclay on March 8, 2017.
|2016||Asagao Academy: Normal Boots Club||Paul|
|2009–Present||Continue?||Himself||Co-host and co-creator; also editor and cinematographer of many episodes.|
|2015||Spooky Squad: Bigfoot's Big Feat||Hunter||Pilot for Disney XD and Maker Studios; writer, co-director and executive producer.|
|2016||Smart Guys||Paul||6 episodes; writer, editor and executive producer.|
- @ContinueShow on Twitter Twitter. Retrieved June 13, 2020.
- Ritchey, Paul; Murphy, Nick; Henderson, Josh "ContinueShow - About". YouTube. Retrieved June 13, 2020.
- "Paul Ritchey YouTube Star". Famous Birthdays. Retrieved June 13, 2020.
- "gamervision - about". YouTube. Retrieved, July 31, 2020.
- Ritchey, Paul; Moschitti, Dominic; Murphy, Nick (December 25, 2009). "Continue? - Home Alone 1 & 2". YouTube. Retrieved July 31, 2020.
- Blum, Matt (December 7, 2010). "Gamervision: An Online Video Game Community Done Right". Wired. Retrieved July 31, 2020.
- Donnellan, Jimmy (October 29, 2015). "INTERVIEW: NICK MURPHY OF CONTINUE?". Cultured Vultures. Retrieved July 31, 2020.
- Ritchey, Paul; Murphy, Nick; Henderson, Josh "ContinueShow - About". YouTube. Retrieved July 31, 2020.
- @itstilby (March 8, 2017) "My friends got married today in Philadelphia and all I can be is extremely overjoyed. Congrats @PaulRitchey and @jlb923, love you both!" (Tweet) – Via Twitter. Retrieved August 1, 2020.