This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (January 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Born||7 June 1968|
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
|Genres||Jazz, Jazz-Fusion, Pop, Rock, Funk, Rhythm and Blues, Latin Music, World Music|
|Occupation(s)||Musician, Music Educator|
|Instruments||Electric and Acoustic Bass|
Paul Shihadeh is a Canadian-American bassist and music educator.
Shihadeh began playing guitar when he was 12-years old, and moved to bass as his primary instrument at age 13. In 1987, Shihadeh was accepted with scholarship to Berklee College of Music, graduating in 1990 with a Bachelor of Music in Professional Music (Summa Cum Laude). After graduating from Berklee College of Music, Shihadeh pursued his career in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, where he had the opportunity to play with artists such as Tommy Banks, Bob Stroup, P.J. Perry, Edmonton Symphony Orchestra, Zappacosta, as well as the jazz-fusion group PazzPort.
In 1996, he became Head of the Bass Department at MacEwan University (formerly known as Grant MacEwan Community College), devising and implementing a new two-year bass curriculum for the music diploma program. He served as Head of the Bass Department until 2001.
In 2001, Shihadeh relocated to Los Angeles, California, USA, where he remained until 2004. While in Los Angeles he worked with musicians such as Jeffrey Kollman of Cosmosquad, as well as Scott Kinsey and Scott Henderson of the fusion band Tribal Tech.
In 2004, Shihadeh moved to Las Vegas, Nevada and was soon hired as the original bassist for the show Le Rêve (Las Vegas show) at The Wynn Hotel in Las Vegas. He performed in the show from 2004 until 2008. He was then offered the role of Bassist and Music Director for the Cirque du Soleil show O (Cirque du Soleil) at the Bellagio Hotel.
While performing at O (Cirque du Soleil), Shihadeh also pursued his Master of Music in Music Education Degree at Boston University, graduating in 2014. During his time at Boston University, he was featured in the "Day in the Life" video feature, an ongoing series showcasing select Boston University students, and how they are able to balance their everyday lives with their demanding school schedules.
In 2019, Shihadeh served as music director for "One Night for One Drop 2019", collaborating with artists, technicians, and creators from seven Cirque du Soleil shows, as well as film composer Hans Zimmer.
Awards and recognition
- Inductee - Legends of the Edmonton Music Scene - 2017
- Featured Guest Artist - The Shoebox, CJSR Radio - 2017
- Special Projects Grant - MacEwan University - 1998
- Alberta Foundation Award - Alberta Heritage Savings Trust Fund - 1990
- Performance Division Award - Berklee College of Music - 1990
- Scholarship for Academic Excellence - Alberta Heritage Savings Trust Fund - 1988, 1989
- Professional Music Scholarship, Berklee College of Music - 1987, 1988, 1989, 1990
- Arts Study Grant, Alberta Culture - 1987, 1988, 1989, 1990
- Carpe Diem! - Crystal Plamondon, 1993
- Reunion - Bob Stroup Trio Plus, 1993
- Diamond in the Rough - Brenda Dunphy-O’Keefe, 1994
- We All Stand Alone - Thomas Alexander, 1994
- Paul Lamoureux - Paul Lamoureux, 1994
- Alberta’s Finest Artists 91-93 - Project Discovery: The Rock Compilation, 1994
- Live at the Yardbird - The Marvin Stamm, Bob Stroup Quintet, 1996
- Scenario- Paul Lamoureux, 1996
- Yes and No - Dianne Donovan, 1997
- PazzPort - PazzPort - 1997
- Sittin’ in Heaven…Feet on the Ground - Debbie Seburn, 1998
- Deep Enough - Brett Mikels, 2006
- Guitar Screams Live - Jeffrey Kollman, 2006
- Diversify - Lao Tizer, 2007
- Acid Test - Cosmosquad (Jeffrey Kollman), 2007
- Kinesthetics - Scott Kinsey, 2007
- One Day - Arlene Kole, 2008
- Untitled Zappacosta Project (in post-production) - Zappacosta, To Be Released 2021
- Untitled Jeff Kollman Project (in post-production) - Jeffrey Kollman, To Be Released 2021
- Untitled Andrew Glover Project (in post-production) - Andrew Glover, To Be Released 2021
- "Biography - Paul Shihadeh". paulshihadeh.com. Retrieved 6 September 2020.
- "Instruction - Paul Shihadeh". paulshihadeh.com. Retrieved 6 September 2020.
- "INTERVIEW: The Heavy Cat Came Back". gigcity.ca. Retrieved 6 September 2020.
- "Krista Monson: Part of the creative team of 'One Night for One Drop' to be held March 3". lvwomanmagazine.com. Retrieved 6 September 2020.
- "Home - Jeff Kollman". jeffkollman.com. Retrieved 6 September 2020.
- "Home - Scott Kinsey". scottkinseymusic.com. Retrieved 6 September 2020.
- "Columnist Tom Gorman: On an entertaining marriage". lasvegassun.com. Retrieved 6 September 2020.
- "Paul Emile Shihadeh". imdb.com. Retrieved 6 September 2020.
- "Day In The Life: Paul Shihadeh, Music Director at O by Cirque du Soleil". youtube.com. Retrieved 6 September 2020.
- "Day In The Life: Paul Shihadeh, Music Director at O by Cirque du Soleil". bu.edu. Retrieved 6 September 2020.
- "One Night for One Drop 2019". onedrop.org. Retrieved 6 September 2020.
- "The Shoebox CJSR". cjsr.com. Retrieved 6 September 2020.
This article "Paul Shihadeh" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Paul Shihadeh. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.