Perth International Law Journal
Perth. Int'l L.J. doesn't exist.
Perth. Int. Law. J doesn't exist.
Perth Int Law J doesn't exist.
|Edited by||Andrew McDade, Tae Hoon Kim and Chelsea Francis (2019)|
|2016 - present|
UWA International Law Club (Australia)
|Perth. Int'l L.J.|
|Perth. Int. Law. J|
The Perth International Law Journal (often Perth ILJ) is the academic journal of the University of Western Australia International Law Club. It is an annual open-access, peer-reviewed, student-edited international law journal. First published in 2016, it provides a forum for the airing of articles on topics of current legal significance and practical notes on international law, comparative law and international relations.
History[edit | edit source]
The Perth ILJ was established in 2016 by the UWA International Law Club, with the aid of the UWA Law School.
Faculty advisors include Professor Stephen Smith, Professor Erika Techera, Assistant Professor Philipp Kastner, Dr Fiona McGaughey, Dr Jade Lindley, and Dr Dominic Dagbanja.
Content[edit | edit source]
The journal publishes one volume a year on diverse topics in both public and private international law. Recent volumes have included articles on international criminal law, international human rights law, harmonisation of law, the Pedra Branca dispute, the UN international trusteeship system, and the nuclear weapons advisory opinion.
The journal follows the Australian Guide to Legal Citation.
Former Editors[edit | edit source]
- 2018 - Aheli Guha, Abdi Hassan, Joseph Sabbagh
- 2017 - Samuel Lindsay and Ayaan Omar
- 2016 - Isabella Bogunovich, Quynh Trang McGrath and Swati Gupta
UWA International Law Club[edit | edit source]
The University of Western Australia International Law Club is a UWA Guild affiliated student club for anyone passionate about International Law. The International Law Club aims to promote the field of international law in the university community. The Club has held sundowners, talks, seminars and panel-discussions with prominent academics, including Kim Beazley, Stephen Smith, Vincent-Joël Proulx, and Marilyn Bromberg. The Club has co-hosted events with the Australia China Youth Association, UWA Politics Club, Amnesty International, and the Australian Red Cross.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- "Perth International Law Journal". Perth International Law Journal. Retrieved 2018-10-21.
- UWA International Law Club. "Encore -- Perth International law journal : academic journal of the University of Western Australia International Law Club". State Library of Western Australia. Retrieved 25 October 2018.
- [Crawley, WA] : University of Western Australia International Law Club, 2016- (16 November 2017). "Perth International law journal : academic journal of the University of Western Australia International Law Club. - Version details - Trove". National Library of Australia. Retrieved 25 October 2018.CS1 maint: Multiple names: authors list (link)
- "Perth International Law Journal". classic.austlii.edu.au. Retrieved 2018-10-22.
- "Perth International Law Journal | HeinOnline". home.heinonline.org. Retrieved 2018-11-08.
- "Cardiff Index to Legal Abbreviations - Atview Abbreviations". www.legalabbrevs.cardiff.ac.uk. Retrieved 2018-10-22.
- "UWA International Law Club". UWA International Law Club. Retrieved 2018-10-26.
[edit | edit source]
This article "Perth International Law Journal" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Perth International Law Journal. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.