Peter Campbell (Structural Engineer)
Coulsdon, Surrey, England
|🏫 Education||Purley High School for Boys, Brixton School of Building now London South Bank University|
Early life and education
Campbell grew up in Coulsdon, Surrey and went to Purley High School for Boys. He attended the Brixton School of Building (now London South Bank University) from 1948-51. In 1951 he passed the graduate examination of the Institution of Structural Engineers and immediately joined Arup. After two years military service he studied for a DIC in concrete technology at Imperial College London 
Campbell and Ian Reith  formed Campbell Reith and Partners in 1960 . Projects which he personally supervised were a new Government Centre in Mauritius, the IBRD 1st education project in Trinidad and Tobago , Slough Estates HQ, the West Stand at the Oval, the Japanese Embassy in London and the HQ for Southern Water in Worthing. From 1962-68 Campbell taught the theory of structures at Regent Street Polytechnic London. He invented a flexible cladding device and in 1981 established a museum of concrete at the Chalk Pitts Museum at Amberley in West Sussex . Campbell retired from Campbell Reith in 1992 . He was Chairman of the Association of Consulting Engineers 1991-92  and was President of the Institution of Structural Engineers in 1998-09.
Awards & Honours
- Freeman of the City of London  and Liveryman of the Worshipful Company of Paviors
- Justice of the Peace in the Surrey Division of Reigate  
- Learning from Construction Failures
- "CampbellReith | Consulting Engineers". www.campbellreith.com.
- "List of Fellows - Royal Academy of Engineering".
- "Institute of Demolition Engineers |". ide.org.uk.
- "The President's Address 2009" (PDF).
- "The President 1988-89" (PDF).
- "About CampbellReith | CampbellReith". www.campbellreith.com.
- Bank, The World (29 December 2003). "Trinidad and Tobago - Basic Education Project". pp. 1–53 – via documents.worldbank.org.
- "Amberley Museum & Heritage Centre". ipfs.io.
- "20Aug92 UK: RETIREMENT AT CAMPBELL REITH HILL". Construction News.
- "21Jun91 UK: APPOINTMENTS AT THE ASSOCIATION OF CONSULTING ENGINEERS". Construction News.
- "Freedom of the City | Guild of Freemen". www.guild-freemen-london.co.uk.
- Campbell, Peter (2001). Learning from Construction Failures. Whittles. ISBN 978-1870325-63-9. Search this book on
This article "Peter Campbell (Structural Engineer)" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Peter Campbell (Structural Engineer). Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.