|Producer||Centre for Digital Philosophy at the University of Western Ontario (Canada)|
|History||2009 to present|
|Record depth||Index and abstract|
|Format coverage||journals, books, open access archives, and personal web pages|
PhilPapers is an international, interactive academic database of journal articles for professionals and students in philosophy. It is maintained by the Centre for Digital Philosophy at the University of Western Ontario.
As of 2018[update], the general editors are David Bourget (ANU and University of London) and David Chalmers (ANU).
PhilPapers receives financial support from other organizations, including a substantial grant in early 2009 from the Joint Information Systems Committee in the United Kingdom. The archive is praised for its comprehensiveness and organization, and for its regular updates. In addition to archiving papers, the editors engage in surveying academic philosophers.
- Ichikawa, Ernest Sosa Jonathan (2010). Intuition: Oxford Bibliographies Online Research Guide. Oxford UP. p. 5. ISBN 9780199808885. Retrieved 29 March 2013. Search this book on
- David Bourget, "PhilPapers awarded JISC funding", PhilPapers 6 April 2009.
- Press, Oxford University (2010). Metaphysics of Mind: Oxford Bibliographies Online Research Guide. Oxford UP. p. 4. ISBN 9780199808984. Retrieved 29 March 2013. Search this book on
- Hesse-Biber, Sharlene Nagy (2011). Handbook of Feminist Research: Theory and Praxis. SAGE. p. 138. ISBN 9781412980593. Retrieved 29 March 2013. Search this book on
- Bourget, David; Chalmers, David J. (2014). "What do philosophers believe?". Philosophical Studies. 170 (3): 465–500. ISSN 0031-8116. JSTOR 42920613.