Did you know a wiki could be used internally in your company ? For better knowledge management and internal communication. Less email and office files. 30 days free trial. (Ad)
|Basis||The life of Edgar A. Poe|
|Premiere||October 12, 2018: Chemeketa Theatre in Salem, Oregon|
Search Poe (musical) on Amazon.
POE the musical is a stage musical based on the life of American writer, editor, and literary critic Edgar Allan Poe with music, lyrics, and book by Rachel Wolf. Sponsored by Chemeketa Theatre, the musical had world premiere staged readings in October 2018 in Salem, Oregon.
Chronicling the life of Edgar Allan Poe, the musical finds Poe rising from the grave to reconcile his life and fix the legacy tarnished by Rufus Wilmot Griswold. Via a hypnosis-induced dream-state, Poe steps back into his life with the help of his therapist (Death).
- Edgar A. Poe – The protagonist, a sensitive and melancholic writer and literary critic
- Death – Poe's therapist
- Virginia Eliza Clemm Poe – Poe's wife
- Maria Poe Clemm – Poe's mother-in-law
- Rufus Wilmot Griswold – Poe's literary executor and nemesis
- Fanny Sargent Osgood – A famous poet of the time who had a special friendship with Poe
- Charles Dickens – The famous British author
- George Graham – Proprietor and publisher of Graham's Magazine
- Frances Allan – Poe's foster mother
- John Allan – Poe's foster father
This article "Poe (musical)" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Poe (musical). Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.