Political appointments by Joe Biden
This article or section is in the process of an expansion or major restructuring, and is not yet ready for use. You are welcome to assist in its construction by editing it as well. If this article or section, please remove this template.
If you are the editor who added this template and you are actively editing, please be sure to replace this template with
This will be a list of political appointments and current officeholders made by the 46th president of the United States, Joe Biden, starting after he assumes office on January 20, 2021. In addition to members of his cabinet, this list will also include individuals nominated who do not serve as cabinet officials but still must be confirmed by the United States Senate.
Executive Office of the President
COVID-19 task force
As a part of his transition team and prior to planned announcement of cabinet appointees, Biden announced that he would select a group of scientists and doctors to serve on a task force specializing in the COVID-19 pandemic. On November 8, 2020, Biden announced that the task force would be chaired by former Surgeon General Vivek Murthy, former FDA Commissioner David A. Kessler, and epidemiologist Marcella Nunez-Smith. The task force will advice President-elect Biden and Vice President-elect Kamala Harris on public health policy and vaccine development. The task force members were announced on November 9, 2020. It includes:
- David Kessler, co-chair
- Marcella Nunez-Smith, co-chair
- Vivek Murthy, co-chair
- Luciana Borio
- Rick Bright
- Zeke Emanuel
- Atul Gawande
- Celine Gounder
- Dr. Julie Morita
- Michael Osterholm
- Loyce Pace
- Dr. Robert Rodriguez
- Eric Goosby
- Presidency of Joe Biden
- Cabinet of Joe Biden
- Goldmacher, Shane; Thrush, Glenn; Shear, Michael D. (2020-11-07). "Biden's Team Steps Up Transition Plans, Mapping Out a White House". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2020-11-08.
- Ember, Sydney (2020-11-07). "Treasury Secretary Warren? Progressives Line Up to Press Their Agenda on Biden". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2020-11-08.
- "Biden eyes GOP candidates for Cabinet slots". POLITICO. Retrieved 2020-11-08.
- Staff, Politico. "Meet the contenders for Biden's Cabinet". POLITICO. Retrieved 2020-11-08.
- Nichols, Hans. "Scoop: Biden announcing COVID task force on Monday". Axios. Retrieved 2020-11-08.
- Lee, Bruce Y. "Joe Biden Forming Covid-19 Coronavirus Task Force, Here Are Some Reported Members". Forbes. Retrieved 2020-11-08.
- Pengelly, Martin (2020-11-08). "US posts fourth consecutive daily Covid record as Joe Biden prepares taskforce". The Guardian. ISSN 0261-3077. Retrieved 2020-11-08.
- "Biden transition team unveils members of Covid-19 task force". STAT. 2020-11-09. Retrieved 2020-11-09.
This article "Political appointments by Joe Biden" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Political appointments by Joe Biden. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.