|File:New Polymerupdate.com website logo.jpg|
|Private Limited Company|
|Services||News Online, Asian Price Section, Middle East Price Section, European Price Section, US Price Section, Weekly Scan, Monthly Reports, Import Data, Smartphone Applications, BBM/WhatsApp Alerts, PolymerUpdate-Platts Joint Report|
Polymerupdate specializes in publishing business industry news and real time price alerts of petrochemical products and polymers. The products tracked on a daily basis include Crude Oil, Naphtha, Aromatics, olefins, Polyolefin and Petrochemical Intermediates.
Corporate history[edit | edit source]
Polymerupdate was founded in 1999, by Sajjid Mitha who, after years of experience in trading in polymers, recognized the need of a standardized portal that could be resorted to as a benchmark across all polymer markets in India. Polymerupdate is a part of Shalimar Infotech Pvt Ltd. a credible, multi commodity intelligence provider. Shalimar Infotech’s other brands include Metalsupdate, PGPC, Polymer Exchange and Metalsupdate Exchange.
Over the years Polymerupdate has formed strategic alliances with National Commodity and Derivatives Exchange Ltd (NCDEX), Polysort LLC, Petrochem Wire, The Plastics Exchange and Quimax and is an active supporter of Gulf Petrochemicals & Chemicals Association (GPCA) and The Asia Petrochemical Industry Conference (APIC). In 2012, Polymerupdate entered into a strategic partnership with Platts-a division of The McGraw-Hill Financial-and came up with Polymerupdate/Platts Joint Reports-weekly scans on most common polymers.
2000[edit | edit source]
- Indian plastics manufacturer Brite Group acquired 15% stake in Polymerupdate.
- Polyset Plastics Pvt Ltd. acquired 10%.
2001[edit | edit source]
- Joined hands with Polymer site to provide a demand aggregation platform.
- Polymerupdate tied up with Specialchem.com for additives information.
- Asian prices became a paid service.
2002[edit | edit source]
- News became a paid service.
- Year of Collaboration with Machine Point, QuiMax and ChemChina.
2003[edit | edit source]
- Polymerupdate launched the world’s first SMS service for Polymer News and Prices.
- Polymerupdate News Weekly' tabloid (print version) published.
- Online payment facility introduced.
2006[edit | edit source]
- Polymerupdate launched US Prices and European Prices.
- European weekly scan and Live chat facility were introduced.
2007[edit | edit source]
- Chinese version of the website was launched.
2008[edit | edit source]
- Launched Asian Monthly Report.
- Petrochem Wire joins hands with Polymerupdate.
- PU Poll: A weekly prediction price service started.
2009[edit | edit source]
- Polymerupdate launched an online trading portal: plasticb2b.com.
2010[edit | edit source]
- MCX joined hands with Polymerupdate as information partner for polymer futures.
- PGPC conference division of Polymerupdate was launched.
- First Polymerupdate petrochemical conference in August 2010.
2011[edit | edit source]
- Launched the services of providing Middle East prices.
- Second PGPC conference on engineering and high performance plastics on 14 April.
2012[edit | edit source]
- Launched The Polymerupdate Club (TPC)
- 1st TPC was held on October 12 in Mumbai.
- 2nd TPC was conducted on December 7 in Mumbai
2013[edit | edit source]
- Voice alerts and voice search app on Android phones made available.
- Organised the Night of Industries Stars event on September 5.
2014[edit | edit source]
- Launched Polymer prices of UAE and Latin America, along with Chemical prices.
- Polymerupdate store, data analytics division and bi-lingual SMS services were launched.
- Polymerupdate started an new section where business entrepreneurs with industrial insights were interviewed.
- Polymerupdate held TPO Conference with PLEXIUM.
2015[edit | edit source]
- Launched Qtime app for conferences.
- Increased Republication content to Blp and Reuters.
- Initiated Third Party contracts with Yonhap.
2016[edit | edit source]
- Polymerupdate Advisory was introduced.
- Third Party contracts were signed with Polymark and Smart Cube.
- Launched the Polymer Exchange App which makes buying and selling of Polymers simple.
2017[edit | edit source]
Through news videos uploaded on a daily basis on the Polymerupdate YouTube channel and website, information on real time price alerts and mid-week expert analysis are broadcast.
Services[edit | edit source]
Polymerupdate currently provides news and pricing information on petrochemical products and industrial polymers from key markets in Asia, Europe, Middle East and the United States.
The services are as follows:
Global News- Polymerupdate provides real time Global news on Polymers, Petrochemicals and Plant updates
Historical News- Polymerupdate gives its clients Historical News and Prices between 1-5 Years for all Polymers and Petrochemicals covered in their analysis.
Global Polymer Prices - Polymerupdate provides daily prices with trends, fluctuations and graphical analysis of South Asia, China, Far East Asia, South East Asia, Middle East, Turkey, Europe, USA and The Latin American markets.
Weekly and Monthly Reports- Polymerupdate gives its clients the complete synopsis of the Asian, European and the USA markets, publishing it on a weekly and monthly basis, with all the trends and graphs.
Daily PDF Reports- Polymerupdate also publishes a PDF report which is emailed to subscribers. It is a snapshot of the entire day, covering global news and prices for all the products.The portal hosts weekly and monthly scans on commonly used polymers and analysis reports based on import data in India in addition to the Polymerupdate/Platts Joints Reports.
Mobile Alerts- Polymerupdate provides its clients with all the important alerts on their mobile phones, which covers - Crude and Naphtha alerts, Local and International producers price change, Domestic market prices and Wednesday market price changes.
Products and Regions Covered: Polymerupdate covers global market news for products like Crude Oil, Naphtha, Aromatics, Olefins, Polyolefin and Petrochemical Intermediates with a special focus on Asia, India, China, Middle East, Europe, US, Latin America and the African regions.
References[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Track your work hours with this android application. Have your work log and simply create a timesheet.
With the automated GPS time tracking, Work Hours Tracker is the perfect app for contractors and self employed people who want to track track their income, times spent and the next pay stub.
This article "PolymerUpdate" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:PolymerUpdate. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.