|File:Logo of Positive Money.png|
|Purpose||Economic justice, democracy|
|Headquarters||London, United Kingdom|
Context and history[edit | edit source]
Ben Dyson created the organisation Positive Money in 2010.
In Switzerland Hansruedi Weber created the association Monetary Modernisation in 2011 which launched the "sovereign money" initiative in 2014. The "sovereign money" initiative would prohibit commercial banks from creating money and give this power to the Swiss National Bank.
In 2014, Positive Money initiated the International Movement for Monetary Reform to reunite similar organisations around the world.
Policy ideas and proposals[edit | edit source]
- Introduction of a central bank digital currency
- Helicopter money or "quantitative easing for the people"
- Green quantitative easing
- Fiscal and monetary policy cooperation
See also[edit | edit source]
- Currency Wars
- Full-reserve banking
- List of monetary reformers
- Monetary reform
- Monetary reform in Britain
- Money creation
- People's Quantitative Easing
References[edit | edit source]
- Jason Douglas, "UK activist group emerges as voice for monetary reform", The Wall Street Journal, 19 August 2015 (page visited on 23 February 2018).
- Glaser, Eliane. "Nation-states aren't households: debating their economies as if they are is stupid". New Statesman.
- Jason Hickel, "To deal with climate change we need a new financial system", The Guardian, 5 November 2016 (page visited on 23 February 2018).
- Chrispin, Sebastian. "Reality Check: Could the Greens change how money works?". BBC.[dead link]
- (in French) "Monnaie pleine : une opportunité en Suisse pour changer la monnaie" [The "Full money" federal popular initiative: an opportunity to change currency in Switzerland], La revue durable, number 60, winter-spring 2017-2018, pages 26-29.
- (in German) Monetary Modernisation association, official website (page visited on 23 February 2018).
- "Sovereign money" initiative, official website (page visited on 23 February 2018).
- (in German) Daniel Eckert, "Der Krieg um das sichere Geld der Zukunft", Die Welt, 12 January 2014 (page visited on 23 February 2018).
- Mehreen Khan, "Switzerland to vote on banning banks from creating money", The Daily Telegraph, 24 December 2015 (page visited on 23 February 2018).
- Hamilton, Scott. "Bank of England Told Bond-Buying Won't Work by Protest Group". Bloomberg.com. Retrieved 2016-08-17.
- "Sovereign Money: An Introduction - Positive Money". positivemoney.org. Retrieved 2017-11-12.
- "Digital Cash: Why central banks should issue digital currency". positivemoney.org. Retrieved 2017-11-12.
- Ben Dyson, "Money has been privatised by stealth", The Guardian, 15 November 2011 (page visited on 23 February 2018).
- "A Guide to Public Money Creation: Outlining the Alternatives to Quantitative Easing - Positive Money". positivemoney.org. Retrieved 2017-11-12.
- Ben Dyson, "Change to UK's money system could solve our long-term economic problems", The Guardian, 6 February 2014 (page visited on 23 February 2018).
- "Making the Bank of England and Treasury work together - Positive Money". positivemoney.org. Retrieved 2017-11-12.
[edit | edit source]
- Positive Money
- International Movement for Monetary Reform
- Sovereign Money Initiative (Switzerland)
- "Where Does Money Come From"
Others articles of the Topic Business and economics : Management, Criticism of debt, Timeline of Twitch.tv, Currency, Hungry Hub, Dogecoin, Dietbitcoin
Others articles of the Topic United Kingdom : Mathias le Fèvre, Muslim Arbitration Tribunal, Outline of Akrotiri and Dhekelia, WWF Mayhem in Manchester, Jack Anthony Isaacs, Guardian Monthly, Insworld Institute
This article "Positive Money" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Positive Money. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.