Professor (stock character)
The Professor is a common generic name for fictional characters who fill the role of doctors, scientists, or mad scientists. While most characters identified as "the Professor" usually have a longer name, this generic title is the most commonly used.
Famous characters identified as "the Professor" include:
- William Crimsworth in Charlotte Brontë's novel The Professor
- Professor (Futurama), from the TV series Futurama
- The Professor (Gilligan's Island) from the TV series Gilligan's Island
- Professor Utonium from The Powerpuff Girls
- The Professor from the Felix the Cat cartoons
- The Professor from McDonaldland
- Professor Digory Kirke of The Chronicles of Narnia series
- The Professor from The Bourne Identity
- Professor (Spyro character) from the Spyro the Dragon video game series
- Professor Maximillian Arturo, from the TV series Sliders
- Professor Ernst Lodz from Carnivàle
- Professor Oak from the Pokémon anime series
- During the last couple of seasons of the original Doctor Who TV series, Ace habitually addressed The Doctor as "Professor".
- The Professor, a character in the stage shows of rock band The Aquabats and the TV series The Aquabats! Super Show!
- Emmett Brown from Back to the Future
- Albus Dumbledore from the Harry Potter series
- Absent-minded professor
- List of fictional professors
This article "Professor (stock character)" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Professor (stock character). Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.