|File:Prothom Alo logo.svg|
|Founded||November 4, 1998|
|Language||Bengali and English|
|Headquarters||Progoti Insurance Bhobon, 20-21, Kawran Bazar, Dhaka - 1215, Bangladesh|
|Circulation||525,001 (January 2013)|
Search Prothom Alo on Amazon.
The Daily Prothom Alo (Bengali: প্রথম আলো) is a major daily newspaper in Bangladesh, published from Dhaka in the Bengali language. Based on circulation, Prothom Alo is the largest newspaper in Bangladesh. According to National Media Survey 2018, conducted by Kantar MRB Bangladesh, more than 6.6 million people read the printed edition of Prothom Alo every day. The online portal of Prothom Alo is the most visited Bangladeshi and Bengali website in the world. It started its journey on 4 November 1998.
Prothom Alo was founded on 4 November 1998. The circulation of Prothom Alo grew from an initial circulation of 42,000 to a circulation of a half million copies. The newspaper distinguished itself by its investigations of acid attacks and violence against women and pushing for tougher laws against the sale of acid. From press facilities located in Dhaka, Chittagong and Bogra, around 5,00,000 copies (as of March ‘2014) are circulated each day. According to National Media Survey 2018, everyday 6.6 million people read the print edition of Prothom Alo. The claimed readership of the online and print edition of this newspaper is 7.6 million. According to a brand equity study conducted by Quantum Consumer Solutions Limited, Prothom Alo is considered to be the most influential newspaper brand in Bangladesh.
- "Current Circulation". Prothom Alo. Retrieved 2014-01-21.
- "Top 10 Newspapers of Bangladesh (With Pictures)". yourarticlelibrary.com. Retrieved 2020-03-30.
- "Alexa - Top Sites in Bangladesh - Alexa". www.alexa.com.
- "Prothom Alo Editor Gets Magsaysay Award". Voice of America. 2005-08-01. Archived from the original on 2009-07-13.
- [National Media Survey 2018, SIRIUS Marketing and Social Research Ltd. (Associate of IMRB International)]