Putteridge High School
|Putteridge High School|
|File:Fair use logo Putteridge High School.png|
Fatal error: The format of the coordinate could not be determined. Parsing failed.
|Local authority||Luton Borough Council|
|Trust||Chiltern Learning Trust|
|Department for Education URN||144311 Tables|
|Age||11 to 16|
It was previously a community school adminsitered by Luton Borough Council. The school was also awarded specialist status as a Mathematics and Computing College. In February 2013, Ofsted rated this as a 'Good School'.
In March 2017 Putteridge High School converted to academy status and is now sponsored by the Chiltern Learning Trust. In 2019 the first Ofsted inspection of the school after academy conversion was rated as 'Good', with the school said to be showing rapid improvement. The school was also awarded the International School Award for 2018 to 2021.
In 2019 it was announced that funding and permission had been obtained to demolish and completely rebuild the school site.
Virtually all maintained schools and academies follow the National Curriculum, and are inspected by Ofsted on how well they succeed in delivering a 'broad and balanced curriculum'. The school has to decide whether Key Stage 3 contains years 7, 8 and 9- or whether year 9 should be in Key Stage 4 and the students just study subjects that will be examined by the GCSEs exams at 16. Putteridge had decided to take the latter approach. Putteridge High School offers Key Stage 3 and Key Stage 4 only. There is no sixth form or Key Stage 5.  The school also offers The Duke of Edinburgh's Award programme. All students continued in education after leaving the school. The school maintains German as a Key Stage 4 option, and has a German partner school, the Theisstalschule, Niedernhausen with whom they do regular visits and joint music and outdoor pursuits activities.  The link was established through the Comenius programme. The visit in December 2019 was funded by the British Council, and included visits to Frankfurt, Mainz and Wiesbaden. 
Key Stage 3
In year 7 and year 8, the pupils follow the Key Stage 3 National Curriculum, They are setted in Maths and English. They have lessons in:
|Art||Computing||Design and Technology||Drama|
|English Language||English Literature||French||Geography|
|History||Mathematics||Music||Philosophy and Ethics|
Key Stage 4
The core subjects studies are:
|GCSE Maths, English and Combined Science|
|Philosophy and Ethics (Non Exam Course)|
|Physical Education (Non Exam Course)|
In addition they choose 4 extra subjects, called options, One must be History of Geoography, in order to fulfill the EBACC requirements.  The other subjects can varied each year but come from this list.
|Art and Design||Food and Technology||ICT||Business Studies|
|French||Media Studies||Computer Science||Geography|
|Health and Social Care||Sport and Physical Education||Fashion and Textiles||History|
|Three Dimensional Design|
- "Putteridge High School". www.putteridgehigh.org.
- "Putteridge High School - GOV.UK". get-information-schools.service.gov.uk.
- "Ofsted Report 2013". ofsted.gov.uk. Retrieved 15 January 2021.30px This article contains quotations from this source, which is available under the Open Government Licence v3.0. © Crown copyright
- "Putteridge High School - Chiltern Learning Trust". www.chilternlearningtrust.org.
- "Putteridge High School shows rapid improvement with 'Good' rating by Ofsted". www.lutontoday.co.uk.
- "Ofsted Report 2019". ofsted.gov.uk. Retrieved 15 January 2021.30px This article contains quotations from this source, which is available under the Open Government Licence v3.0. © Crown copyright
- "International School Award | Putteridge High School". www.putteridgehigh.org.
- "Plans to demolish and rebuild Putteridge High School approved by Luton Borough Council". www.lutontoday.co.uk.
- Roberts, Nerys. "The school curriculum in England Parliamentary Briefing Paper" (PDF). parliament.uk. Retrieved 6 July 2020.
- "Curriculum | Putteridge High School". www.putteridgehigh.org.
- "Duke of Edinburgh Award | Putteridge High School". www.putteridgehigh.org.
- "German exchange 2019- Putteridge Newsletter" (PDF). /www.putteridgehigh.org/. Jan 2020. Retrieved 16 January 2021.
- "Luton teacher permanently disabled after 'furious' attack by girl pupil, court told". www.lutontoday.co.uk.
- "Cash-strapped council to pay out £160k over attack on Luton school teacher left permanently disabled". www.lutontoday.co.uk.
This article "Putteridge High School" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Putteridge High School. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.