QBit Semiconductor LTD.<br/>通寶半導體設計股份有限公司
|Private Limited Company|
|Headquarters 🏙️||, |
Area served 🗺️
Number of employees
QBit Semiconductor is a semiconductor company focused on system-on-chip (SOC) integrated circuits for imaging devices and other edge devices. QBit is headquartered in Taipei, Taiwan and has an R&D center near Boston, Massachusetts.
QBit was formed in 2016 with an initial investment of NT$160 Million, approximately US$5.3 Million. The investment was made by New Kinpo Group (NKG), a major Taiwan-based electronic manufacturing services (EMS) company. NKG operates worldwide and is the world's eighth largest EMS company.
QBit's history goes back to the 1990's, when Oak Technology acquired three Boston-area start-ups, Pixel Magic, Xionics and XLi to form a printer technology business unit. Oak Technology was aquired by Zoran Corporation in 2003, which merged with CSR plc in 2013. The QBit team came from the embedded print technology business that was merged into Qualcomm Incorporated when Qualcomm acquired CSR plc in 2015. As part of CSR, the QBit team developed the low-end Quatro 5300 SOC series and the high-end Quatro 5500 SOC series.
In 2017, QBit had 25 engineers in Taipei and 15 engineers in Littleton, Massachusetts.
- ""Qualcomm's Hardcopy Chip Unit Becomes Independent QBit"" (PDF). The MFP Report, April 2017, Brian Bissett.
- ""蹲3年馬步！金寶第一顆印表機IC將量產，看46年超資深電子製造廠如何拚翻身", 王郁倫". Business Next, 30 January 2019.
- ""金寶 併高通印表機IC團隊"". Apple Daily, 28 November 2016.
- "Top 50 EMS Providers in 2018". Manufacturing Market Insider, March 2019.
- "History of Oak Technology, Inc". Funding Universe, 1998
- "Zoran to Acquire Oak Technology". Wall Street Journal, 5 May 2003.
- "British Chip Maker CSR Acquires U.S. Firm for $679 Million".The New York Times, 21 February 2011
This article "QBit Semiconductor" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:QBit Semiconductor. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.