Reyna I. Aburto
Reyna I. Aburto (born October 24, 1963) has been the second counselor in the Relief Society General Presidency of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church) since April 2017.
Aburto was born in Managua, Nicaragua to Noel Blanco and his wife, Delbi Cardoza. She moved to California in 1984 as civil violence increased in Nicaragua. She joined the LDS Church in California in 1989 and moved to Utah shortly afterward. In 1993, she married Carlos Aburto, a native of Mexico, in the Jordan River Temple. She has a degree in computer science from Utah Valley University. She co-owns a translation company with her husband.
From 2012 to 2016, Aburto was a member of the LDS Church's Primary General Board.
References[edit | edit source]
- "Sister Reyna I. Aburto". churchofjesuschrist.org. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Retrieved 12 July 2019.
- "Sister Reyna I. Aburto Says Gospel Was Something She Didn't Know She Needed". churchofjesuschrist.org. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Retrieved 12 July 2019.
- Passey, Brian. "LDS Church announces new female leaders". The Spectrum. Retrieved 12 July 2019.
- Toone, Trent. "New LDS general Relief Society presidency is unique". Deseret News.
- News, St. George. "Mormon church announces new Relief Society and 'Primary' program leadership". Retrieved 12 July 2019.
- Scholl, Jacob. "LDS Church announces new leadership for the Relief Society". Ogden Standard-Examiner. Retrieved 12 July 2019.
- Stack, Peggy Fletcher. "New Mormon women's leaders bring a global bent". Salt Lake Tribune.
- News, Fox 13. "LDS Church Relief Society, Primary leaders visit victims of volcano eruption in Guatemala". Fox 13. Retrieved 12 July 2019.
- Pugmire, Genelle. "LDS Church sees growth coming from women, leaders say". Daily Herald. Retrieved 12 July 2019.
This article "Reyna I. Aburto" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Reyna I. Aburto. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.