Rifts Collectible Card Game
|Players||2 or more|
|Setup time||< 5 minutes|
|Playing time||< 60 minutes|
Rifts, stylized as RIFTS, is an out-of-print collectible card game by Precedence and was released in 2001. It was based on the role-playing game of the same name. The core set had 277 cards with an additional 38 fixed cards and 2 additional promo cards. The game is set 300 years in the future where dimensional anomalies called "rifts" have beset the world and through which aliens, demons, and magical forces invade Earth. Each player adopts the role of a post-holocaust nation. The game is played so that the first person to run out of cards, loses the game.
The game included artwork by Mark Evans, among others, that creator Kevin Siembieda's had a desire to reprint in an art book. It featured characters such as Fury Iron Juggernaut, General Ross Underhill, and King Victor Macklin. Eventually, the artwork was republished in the RIFTS Ultimate Edition RPG book. The book reproduced approximately 75 images from the CCG.
According to author Jane Frank, players thought the game artwork and game detail were excellent.
The Breaking Dads podcast reviewed the game and noted the company was hosting organized play events and gave retail support, when publisher support for the game immediately ceased as the company went out of business. They also remarked you couldn't play the full game with the starter packs alone but rather a "dumbed down" version of the game. Essentially, the game suffered from lack of expansions and felt "too basic", though they did mention the designer in an archived listserv addressed cards like Counter Attack, Event cards, as well as, adding new factions in future expansions.
- "RIFTS Collectible Card Game - Version 1.0 Rulebook" (PDF). Riftsccg.mahasamatman.com. Retrieved 2018-01-04.
- "Rifts". TCG Library. Retrieved 2018-01-04.
- "Scrye Price Guides: RIFTS", Scrye, vol. #8.8, December 2001
- "The Rifts Collectible Card Game". Riftsccg.mahasamatman.com. Retrieved 2018-01-05.
- "Rifts Collectible Card Game". InMint.com. Retrieved 2018-01-04.
- "Rifts". SF-Encyclopedia.com. Retrieved 2018-01-04.
- "Rifts". CCGGamez.com. Retrieved 2018-01-04.
- "Rifts® Ultimate Edition – Bigger, Better and at the Printers July 18, 2005 – Update". Archive.is. Retrieved 2018-01-04.
- "Rifts CCG". Cloudmover.net. Retrieved 2018-01-04.
- Frank, Jane (2012), Role-Playing Game and Collectible Card Game Artists : A Biographical Dictionary, retrieved 2014-11-22
- "Epic Gumdrop EP 20: Rifts CCG". BreakingDads.com. Retrieved 2018-01-05.
|This collectible card game–related article is a stub. You can help EverybodyWiki by expanding it.|
This article "Rifts Collectible Card Game" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.