Rivy Poupko Kletenik
Rivy Poupko Kletenik is an American lecturer and educator.
Poupko Kletenik is Head of School at the Seattle Hebrew Academy. She has published countless articles on Judaism, and writes a monthly Jewish advice column for Seattle's The Jewish Sound called JQ. Poupko Kletenik is a sought-after lecturer throughout the community and nationwide on all things Jewish.
The community has recognized her efforts. She was awarded the American Jewish Press Association first prize award for commentary in 2001 and the Covenant Award for Excellence in Jewish Education in 2002. Poupko Kletenik was honored as Distinguished Alumna at Touro College and was the 2006 Seattle Hadassah Honoree.
Born and raised in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, Poupko Kletenik is the daughter of Gilda Twerski Novoseller Poupko, scion of the Hasidic dynasty, and Rabbi Baruch Poupko, rabbi for over 60 years of Shaare Torah Congregation in Pittsburgh.
Poupko Kletenik is married to Rabbi Moshe Kletenik, and they have four children, including Isaiah Kletenik and Gilah Kletenik.
- "Seattle Hebrew Academy website". Retrieved 2014-04-02.
- "The Jewish Sound". Retrieved 2014-04-02.
- "All Things Jewish - An archive of some of Poupko Kletenik's articles". Retrieved 2014-04-02.
- "The Covenant Foundation". Retrieved 2014-04-02.
- Rosenstein, Neil. The Unbroken Chain. Lakewood, NJ: CIS, 1990, p. 294.
- "Shaare Torah Congregation". Retrieved 2014-04-02.