Robert Edward Barnes
|Robert Edward Barnes|
|🏫 Education||The McCallie School,|
University of Tennessee at Chattanooga, Bachelor of Arts
University of Wisconsin Law School, Juris Doctor
|👔 Employer||Barnes Law LLP|
Robert Edward Barnes (born April 11, 1974) is a criminal tax attorney and business law and civil rights law advocate. Robert Barnes is the founder of Barnes Law LLP, a Los Angeles, California based law firm specializing in IRS investigations, tax fraud, asset recovery, and private banking.
Born and raised in Chattanooga, Tennessee, United States, Barnes attended and graduated from the boys college-preparatory school, The McCallie School, also located in Chattanooga, Tennessee.
Barnes completed his undergraduate at the University of Tennessee and attended law school at the University of Wisconsin.
Before establishing his law practice in Los Angeles, California, Barnes was a law partner at The Bernhoft Law Firm. It was at Bernhoft, that Barnes served as Wesley Snipes' tax defense lawyer alongside owner and managing partner, Robert Bernhoft. In 2008, Robert Barnes represented Mr. Snipes for conspiracy to defraud the government and filing a false claim with the government. Mr. Snipes was acquitted of tax fraud but convicted of failure to file taxes. After the verdict, Barnes said in reference to Mr. Snipes, "He will make full amends and pay for everything."
State Bar Admissions
- California State Bar, April 4, 2005
- Tennessee State Bar, January 25, 2002
- Wisconsin State Bar, July 26, 2001
- "Attorney Profile: Robert Edward Barnes - #235919". State Bar of California.
- "Robert E. Barnes". Avvo.
- "Robert Barnes". HG.org.
- "Lawyer Directory: Robert Barnes". Justia.
- "Robert G. Bernhoft". The Bernhoft Law Firm.
- "Wesley Snipes: Most Prominent Tax Prosecution in Two Decades". The Bernhoft Law Firm.
- Morrissey, Siobhan (Feb 1, 2008). "Wesley Snipes Acquitted of Tax Fraud". People.
- "Wesley Snipes: Larry King Could Save Me from Prison". TMZ.
- Reed, Travis (Feb 1, 2008). "Jury acquits Wesley Snipes of tax fraud". USA Today.
- Johnston, David Cay (Feb 2, 2008). "Wesley Snipes Cleared of Serious Tax Charges". New York Times.
- Johnston, David Cay (Jan 30, 2008). "Jury to Start Deliberations in Wesley Snipes Tax Case". New York Times.
- Mikulan, Steven. "Bob and Bob Make It Legal: The LA Arrival of the Milwaukee Tax Attorneys That Saved Wesley Snipes". LA Weekly.
- "Professional Profile: Robert Barnes". Tennessee Bar Association.
- "Lawyer Profile: Robert E. Barnes". State Bar of Wisconsin.
This article "Robert E. Barnes" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Robert E. Barnes. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.