This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (August 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Sam V (Verlinden)
|Born||1 October 1997|
|Origin||Auckland, New Zealand|
|Years active||2001 – present|
Samuel James Verlinden (born 1 October 1997) also known as Solo Artist Sam V is a New Zealand teen singer and actor. He is best known for his track 'I Just Wanna Love U', selected by the ANZ Bank New Zealand for their campaign Fortune Futures the Brave which quickly gained a following after choreographer Parris Goebel and the ReQuest dance crew surprised Sam with a music video for the song.
Career[edit | edit source]
Verlinden began posting videos onto YouTube in 2006. His support grew significantly and he rose to number 20 Most Subscribed Musician in New Zealand. He has reached over two million hits on his YouTube page and he has gained the attention of New Zealand media, appearing on national television many times since 2009.
In 2016 Sam was elected by ANZ's 'Fortune Favours the Brave' tertiary student campaign, in which Parris Goebel and her dance crew ReQuest choreographed a music video to Sam's single and then presented it to him as a surprise. "I had no idea (Parris) was going to be there, I thought I was going to be working with a bunch of Uni students," recalled Sam. 
Verlinden participated in the World Championship of Performing Arts in Hollywood in 2008 representing New Zealand. In the junior competition he won six gold and three silver medals, the "Industry Award" and five plaques (for overall Junior Champion of the world).
Verlinden performed as a debut artist at the annual Parachute Music Festival 2011 with singer Hannah Elley and support band Descend. They won Best Emerging Artist and a spot performing on the Parachute Mainstage.
On 13 April 2013, he released his first single "I Want Ya", which had already garnered over a million views on YouTube, which had regular plays on NZ radio stations "Flava" and "Mai FM", as well as leading to many TV appearances.
Personal life[edit | edit source]
Verlinden currently lives with his family in Auckland, New Zealand. He is of Rarotongan and Dutch descent. He graduated St Peter's College in 2015 with the honor of Best Musician 2015 and was awarded two scholarships to attend University where he is studying Communications and Law.
References[edit | edit source]
- "Sam V "I JUST WANNA LOVE U" Single | Rivenmaster Promotions". Rivenmaster Promotions. 2016-06-07. Retrieved 2018-08-18.
- Ropati, Ashley (2016-02-12). "AUT student releases Parris Goebel choreographed music vid". Stuff. Retrieved 2018-08-11.
- "I Just Wanna Love U - Sam V ft. Parris Goebel choreography". www.nzedge.com. Retrieved 2018-08-18.
- "NZ On Air". Retrieved 2018-08-18.
- "Official Music Video". (Retrieved 16 February 2016).
- "Spikes Asia Festival of Creativity". Spikes Asia Festival of Creativity. Retrieved 2018-08-18.
- "Sam eyes star on walk of fame - East & Bays Courier". www.stuff.co.nz. 2 October 2008. Retrieved 14 October 2009..
- "On The Wings Of A Treble – Sam Verlinden | TheSkyKid.Com". www.theskykid.com. Retrieved 2018-08-18.
- "Singer gets free spot in workshop". Stuff. 2 December 2011. Retrieved 2018-08-11.
- "Rising Star Sam v Releases Debut Single | Artist News | NZ Music Commission". nzmusic.org.nz. Retrieved 2018-08-18.
- "Sam's debut on the Domain stage". Stuff. 11 December 2009. Retrieved 2018-08-11.
- "Busy life of a pop star". Stuff - Auckland City Harbour News. 29 May 2013. Retrieved 29 May 2013.
[edit | edit source]
This article "Sam Verlinden" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Sam Verlinden. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.