|Born||San Francisco Bay Area, California|
|🏳️ Nationality||United States|
Policy and Government Affairs in the Middle East
|Co-founder and CEO of The MENA Catalysts Inc.|
Early life and education
Blatteis was born in the San Francisco Bay Area, California. He received a bachelor's degree in Diplomacy and World Affairs from Occidental College in 2001 and also studied Arabic at The American University in Cairo and Damascus University in Syria.
In 2005, Blatteis received a Fulbright Scholarship to conduct field research on China's role in the Middle East. He graduated from Georgetown University with a master's degree in Gulf Public Policy in 2007.
At Google, Blatteis served as Head of Government Relations and Public Policy, Gulf Countries for over 3 ½ years. While there, he spoke in Saudi Arabia about the "skyrocketing" amount of YouTube content being uploaded from the Middle East and “the tech opportunity” for Arab women.
In February 2017, Blatteis worked on a partnership between Google and the Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman Foundation to launch a digital literacy initiative for Saudi youths called We Are All Online.
Blatteis previously worked for Deloitte Middle East as a Public Policy Manager and then senior manager until 2014, when he joined Google.
- Alkhalisi, Zahraa (3 January 2018). "6 ways life in Saudi Arabia will change in 2018". money.cnn.com. Retrieved 29 August 2018.
- K. Cherrayil, Naushad. "Free zones are not going anywhere in midterm future". gulfnews.com. Retrieved 29 August 2018.
- "Samuel Blatteis '01 Wins Fulbright Scholarship". oxy.edu. 5 August 2005. Retrieved 29 August 2018.
- "Sam Blatteis". mei.edu. Retrieved 29 August 2018.
- Andelman, David A. "The Sino-Saudi Connection". forbes.com. Retrieved 29 August 2018.
- Harrison, Peter (4 February 2015). "Will UAE's Ras Al Khaimah produce the next Bill Gates?". english.alarabiya.net. Retrieved 29 August 2018.
- Harrison, Peter (23 October 2016). "5,000 attend 4th edition of 'Shoof' forum for digital visual media". arabnews.com. Retrieved 29 August 2018.
- "'We are all online' is new MiSK-Google initiative". facesinternationalmagazine.org.ng. Retrieved 29 August 2018.
- "We are all online' is new MiSK-Google initiative". saudigazette.com.sa. Retrieved 29 August 2018.
- "MiSK-Google Launch Digital Awareness Drive". tradearabia.com. 15 February 2017. Retrieved 29 August 2018.
- "Snap is in talks to set up shop in Saudi Arabia". cnbc.com. Retrieved 29 August 2018.
- Saeed, Zainab. "Amazon and Apple Wants to Invest in Saudi Arabia". phoneworld.com.pk. Retrieved 29 August 2018.
- Dartnell, James. "Saudi crown prince meets Gates, Bezos, Nadella". tahawultech.com. Retrieved 29 August 2018.
This article "Samuel Blatteis" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Samuel Blatteis. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.