|Route:||Antarctica, Arctic, Europe & the Americas|
|Ice class:||Ice Class 1A Super|
|Crew:||176 (192 in Polar regions)|
|Notes:||228 passengers (200 in Polar regions)|
Scenic Eclipse, also known by its slogan ‘The World’s First Discovery Yacht’, is a 6-star, commercial super-yacht. It belongs to Scenic Luxury Cruises & Tours , and is currently being built in Pula, Croatia - set to launch in August 2019 on its maiden voyage. Scenic Tours, operating since its launch in 1986 and founded by Glen Moroney, is an Australian, international tour company, previously specialising in national coach tours and expanding to offer cruises in Europe and escorted land tours around the world.
Scenic Eclipse is the company's first ocean-going vessel and 6-star service, which travels to Antarctica, the Arctic, Europe and the Americas.
The super-yacht is planned to be joined by a second ship, matching the exact same specifications, with construction due to start once the first is complete
Scenic Eclipse is currently under construction in Croatia, and is due for launch in August 2019.
In October 2018, Scenic Eclipse released a time lapse video of the super-yacht's construction in the ship yard, showing its progress so far.
The Scenic Eclipse fleet will travel to Europe, North America, South America, Antarctica and the Arctic. The planned cruises will last from 8 days to 33 days.
Constructed with Polar Class 6 cold-weather safety rating, Scenic Eclipse can safely navigate through narrow waters and pathways in extreme polar locations.
- Built: Croatia, 2018 & 2020
- Port of registry: Malta
- Cruising speed: 17 knots
- Gross tonnage: 17,085
- Gross tonnage: per guest 72
- Length: 168 metres
- Breadth: 21.5 metres (moulded)
- Passenger decks: 8
- Suites: 114
- Passengers: 228 (200 in Polar regions)
- Crew :176 (192 in Polar regions)
- Nationality of crew :International
- Rating: Polar Class 6
Status as a super yacht
The ship has a 6-star luxury rating, and 90 on board catering staff. Some of the on board features include spa areas, spa suites, gyms, saunas and Philip Starck-designed Jacuzzis in specific, upgraded suites. Guests can dine in restaurants catering for international cuisines, such as French, Asian Fusion and Italian. Buffet-style menus and wine, whiskey and cocktail bars are also available for guests. Scenic Eclipse is an all-inclusive cruise ship.
With 193 crew on board, the Scenic Eclipse fleet has a staff-to-guest ratio of 1:1. The super-yacht's expedition team has 16 members of staff, and there are 90 catering staff on board.
Polar expedition options
Scenic Eclipse’s Polar Expedition leader and qualified biologist is Kara Weller, who leads an on board team of naturalists and specialists and directs the optional expeditions in the polar regions. Guests have access to a number of polar itineraries, such as the 21-day Across the Northwest Passage cruise, which travels from Greenland to Alaska, where encounters with remote fjords, glaciers and uninhabited islands are the focus.
Although excursions take place on Zodiacs, kayaks and land, a key feature of Scenic Eclipse is its polar expedition cruises in Antarctica and the Arctic, where extra, optional polar expeditions are offered, including those that take place in the fleet’s on board helicopter and submarine.
On board helicopter and submarine
Many of Scenic Eclipse’s excursions and expeditions take place on its on board helicopters and submarine. The fleet’s two helicopters are both Airbus H130 models. The H130 is a light utility helicopter designed and developed in France, by manufacturer Airbus Helicopters.The H130 Helicopters are equipped with Bose noise-cancelling headsets, Bluetooth connectivity for music and five cameras to provide guests with flight footage.
Scenic Eclipse also holds a U-Boat Worx Cruise Submarine 7. The Submarine 7, developed by the Dutch submersible manufacturer U-Boat Worx, seats up to six guests, with an custom-made transparent outer for sightseeing purposes. Named 'Scenic Neptune', the on board submarine consists of a three-person pod at the front and the same at the back, totally a six-guest capacity, plus the pilot. each seat is mounted on a platform that can manoeuvre 180 degrees. 
- "Explore Arctic Regions on the New Scenic Eclipse". TravelPulse. Retrieved 2019-01-14.
- "Glen-Moroney-Founder-and-Chairman-Scenic". LATTE Luxury News. Retrieved 2019-01-22.
- "Scenic Eclipse Timeline". www.scenic.co.uk. Retrieved 2019-01-14.
- "Inside Scenic Eclipse: new images of the world's most luxurious cruise ship". The Telegraph. 2018-05-04. ISSN 0307-1235. Retrieved 2019-01-14.
- "We welcome polar expedition leader Kara Weller as our Discovery Team Leader for Scenic Eclipse". www.scenic.co.uk. Retrieved 2019-01-14.
- Staff, C. I. N. (2018-03-21). "Weller Named Head Discovery Team Leader for Scenic Eclipse". www.cruiseindustrynews.com. Retrieved 2019-03-08.
- "Helicopters for Scenic Eclipse delivered: Travel Weekly". www.travelweekly.com. Retrieved 2019-03-08.
- "Scenic Eclipse to offer submarine experience for guests". Cruise Trade News. 2018-09-17. Retrieved 2019-03-08.
This article "Scenic Eclipse" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Scenic Eclipse. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.