He was born in Montreal and grew up there. After earning a BA and BEd, he taught school for 35 years until he retired in 2005. With his wife, Cassidy travelled widely in North America and Europe, later settling in Orangeville, Ontario.
Cassidy books have won the Ruth Schwartz Children’s Book Award and the Mr. Christie's Book Award, and have been nominated for other awards. His books have been included as "Blue Spruce" selections by the Ontario Library Association and as "Shining Willow" selections by Saskatchewan Young Readers' Choice – The Willow Awards.
Sean was president of CANSCAIP, the Canadian Society of Children's Authors, Illustrators and Performers, for a term beginning 2009, after two years as vice president. He is also a member of the Writers' Union of Canada, the CCBC (Canadian Children's Book Centre), and IBBY (International Board on Books for Young People).
- Hanna Bear's Christmas (ISBN 1-55041-585-9 Search this book on .)
- Wake Up, Henry Rooster! (ISBN 1-55041-952-8 Search this book on .)
- Gummytoes (ISBN 1-55041-824-6 Search this book on .)
- Good to Be Small (ISBN 1-55041-699-5 Search this book on .)
- Ten Little Puppies (illustrator) (ISBN 1-55041-654-5 Search this book on .)
- The Chicken Cat (illustrator) (ISBN 1-55041-677-4 Search this book on .)
- "Sean Cassidy - Canadian Children's Book Centre". Archived from the original on 6 July 2011.
- "A school of writers". Canadian Children's Book News. Canadian Children's Book Centre. 29 (3): 10. Summer 2006. Gale A197666272.
- "CANSCAIP Member Public Profile". Canadian Society of Children's Authors, Illustrators, and Performers. Retrieved 2015-07-31.
- Hoover, Doreen (3 May 2006). "Illustrating the world of children's books". Dunnville Chronicle. Dunnville, Ontario. p. B11. ProQuest 58006989.
- "Awards: Schwartz award winners named". Vancouver Sun. 24 Apr 2001. p. F8. ProQuest 242586258.
- "McNaughton wins children's book award". The Globe and Mail. Toronto. 13 June 2001. p. R2. Archived from the original on 2017-11-06. Retrieved 20 June 2020. Unknown parameter
- Goodfellow, Ashley (Oct 17, 2003). "For the love of children's lit: Local author/illustrator wins award for children's storybook". The Midweek Banner. Orangeville, Ontario. p. 18. ProQuest 351927688.
- Sean Cassidy at Library of Congress Authorities, with 2 catalogue records
- http://www.seancassidyauthorillustrator.com/ Website
|This article about a Canadian artist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
This article "Sean Cassidy" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Sean Cassidy. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.