Selina Begum Ali
Selina Begum Ali
|Native name||সেলিনা বেগম আলী|
London, England21 November 1975
|Alma mater||European Institute of Islamic Sciences|
|Occupation||Islamic scholar, teacher|
Selina Begum Ali (Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Unicode data' not found.; born 21 November 1975) is an English Islamic scholar, teacher and founding director of the Beacon Institute.
Education[edit | edit source]
Ali graduated with a bachelor's degree (BEd) in Primary Education, CELTA and PTLLS from London. She also completed a Diploma in Arabic Language and a bachelor's degree (BA) in Usul-Ad-Din (fundamentals of faith) and Usul-al Fiqh (Islamic jurisprudence) in Arabic medium from the European Institute of Islamic Sciences in France.
Career[edit | edit source]
Since 2007, Ali has been teaching Tajwid, Aqidah, Fiqh and other Islamic Sciences in UK in various courses at university campuses, mosques and Islamic centres. Since 2005, she has taught in the Tarteel courses (beautifying recitation), Itqan courses (perfecting recitation), Nafar courses (understanding Islam) and in Knowledge-seekers courses (Islamic Sciences). She also teaches at the Beacon Institute, of which, she is one of the founding directors.
She is currently teaching the Arabic for Life Long Learning Programme and Modern Foreign Language (MFL) Programme for the London Borough of Tower Hamlets. She also delivers talks on education and on other various Islamic issues at university campuses, Mosques and Islamic Centres.
Personal life[edit | edit source]
See also[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- "Sheikha Selina Begum Ali". Beacon Institute. Retrieved 1 August 2015.
- "Shiekha Selina Begum Ali". Beyond Boundaries. Retrieved 1 August 2015.
- "Trustees". Gift of Knowledge. Retrieved 1 August 2015. Sheikha Selina Begum Ali
- "Sheikha Selina Begum Ali". Oak Education. Retrieved 1 August 2015.
- "Selina Ali". Islamic Institute for Development & Research. Retrieved 1 August 2015.
- "Ramadan Reflection with Sheika Selina Begum Ali". BBC Asian Network. 13 July 2014. Retrieved 1 August 2015.
[edit | edit source]
- Selina Begum Ali on TwitterLua error in Module:WikidataCheck at line 22: attempt to index field 'wikibase' (a nil value).
- Beacon Institute website
- Gift of Knowledge website
- Oak Education website
|This article about an Islamic scholar is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
This article "Selina Begum Ali" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or its subpage Selina Begum Ali/edithistory. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.