Shantilal O Projapoti Rohoshyo
|Shantilal O Projapoti Roshoshyo|
|Directed by||Pratim D. Gupta|
|Produced by||Sanjay Agarwal|
|Written by||Pratim D. Gupta|
|Music by||Avijit Kundu|
Arko Pravo Mukherjee
|Edited by||Subhajit Singha|
Edit FX Studios
Shantilal O Projapoti Rohoshyo is a 2019 Indian Bengali language film written and directed by Pratim D. Gupta and stars Ritwick Chakraborty and Paoli Dam in lead roles. The film also stars Goutam Ghose, Ambarish Bhattacharya, Shankar Chakraborty and Chitrangada Satarupa, in guest roles.
- Ritwick Chakraborty as Shantilal Bhattacharjee
- Paoli Dam as Nandita
- Goutam Ghose as editor of The Sentinel
- Ambarish Bhattacharya
- Shankar Chakraborty
- Srijit Mukherji
- Chitrangada Satarupa
Shantilal Bhattacharjee played by actor Ritwick Chakraborty, works as a staff reporter for The Sentinel where he reports on the weather. He pursues a lead involving superstar and politician Nandita played by actor Paoli Dam and gets tangled in a series of mysterious events. By the end of the movie, Shantilal emerges as a proficient sleuth.
Director Pratim D. Gupta first thought of naming the film “Ink” but later decided to stick to a name closer to home, to avoid confusion about the film's language. Shantilal Bhattacharjee is an original character born out of Pratim D. Gupta's love for detective fiction.
“ The film was earlier titled Ink, based on my Sundance Lab-selected script. But I didn't want the audience to be confused about whether it's an English film or a Bangla film. Hence, the new title. I have always loved thrillers. As is evident with Shaheb Bibi Golaam. So, making a detective thriller has always been on my mind. My favourite Ritwick luckily hasn't played a detective yet while all the other leading men have.."
This is the fourth film that Ritwick Chakraborty and Pratim D. Gupta have worked together in, after Shaheb Bibi Golaam (2016), Maacher Jhol (2017) and Ahare Mon (2018). This is the third time Ritwick Chakraborty and Paoli Dam have been cast together in lead roles by the director after Maacher Jholl (2017) and Ahare Mon (2018). 
The music is by Subhajit Kundu while the songs are by Arko Pravo Mukherjee
- Ghosh, Sankha (June 25, 2019). "Pratim planning an original detective franchise". The Times of India. Retrieved 27 June 2019.
- Staff Reporter (29 June 2019). ""Shantilal, my journo protagonist is no less than a Tintin" (July). The Telegraph t2. ABP Pvt Ltd. Retrieved 2 July 2019.
- Kar, Soham (June 24, 2019). "ছিলেন সাংবাদিক, হলেন গোয়েন্দা". Bartaman Patrika. Retrieved June 27, 2019.
- Sen, Zinia (Jun 22, 2019). "Pratim D Gupta introduces a new detective, Shantilal". Times of India. Retrieved 27 June 2019.
- "ইন্ডাস্ট্রির নতুন গোয়েন্দা". anandabazar.com.
- "Pratim planning an original detective franchise - Times of India". The Times of India.
- Staff Reporter (28 June 2019). "ইন্ডাস্ট্রির নতুন গোয়েন্দা" (July). Anadabazar Patrika. ABP Pvt. Ltd. Retrieved 2 July 2019.
- Staff reporter (22 June 2019). "'শান্তিলাল ও প্রজাপতি রহস্য', টলিউডের নতুন গোয়েন্দা..." (Kolkata). Anadabazar Patrika. ABP Pvt. Ltd. Retrieved 2 July 2019.
This article "Shantilal O Projapoti Rohoshyo" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Shantilal O Projapoti Rohoshyo. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.