Sharon D. Welch
|Born||November 21, 1952|
Dimmitt, Texas, U.S.
|Education||Michigan State University|
Graceland University (BA)
Vanderbilt University (Ph.D.)
Sharon D. Welch is an academic scholar, social ethicist and author of five books on ethics, theology, politics, religion and spirituality. After having served as Provost and Professor of Religion for ten years, she is currently Affiliate Faculty member at Meadville Lombard Theological School. Welch is currently a member of the Unitarian Universalist Peace Ministry Network and the Cook County League of Women Voters, a Fellow of the Institute for Humanist Studies, and serves on the Board of Renewal in the Wilderness.
Prior to joining the faculty at Meadville Lombard Theological School, Welch has held positions as Professor and Chair of Religious Studies, Professor of Women’s and Gender Studies and Adjunct Professor of Educational Leadership and Policy Analysis at the University of Missouri (1991-2007); she was also Assistant and then Associate Professor of Theology and Religion and Society at Harvard Divinity School (1982-1991).
- Communities of Resistance and Solidarity: A Feminist Theology of Liberation (1985, Orbis Books; 2017, Wipf and Stock; ISBN 9781532616969 Search this book on .)
- A Feminist Ethic of Risk (1990, 2000 Revised Second Edition, Fortress Press; ISBN 9780800631857 Search this book on .).
- Sweet Dreams in America: Making Ethics and Spirituality Work (1999, Routledge; ISBN 9780415916578 Search this book on .)
- After Empire: The Art and Ethos of Enduring Peace (2004, Fortress Press; ISBN 9780800629861 Search this book on .)
- Real Peace, Real Security: The Challenges of Global Citizenship (2008, Fortress Press; ISBN 9780800662790 Search this book on .)
- Skinner, Donald. "Sharon Welch named provost at Meadville Lombard". UU World. Retrieved April 5, 2018.
- "Peace Advocates". UU Peacemakers. Retrieved April 5, 2018.
- "The Chicago Voter" (PDF). League of Women Voters of Chicago. Retrieved April 5, 2018.
- "Sharon D. Welch, Ph.D". Institute for Humanist Studies. Retrieved April 5, 2018.
- "Board of Directors". Renewal in the Wilderness. Retrieved April 5, 2018.
- "Faculty". Meadville Lombard Theological School. Retrieved April 5, 2018.
This article "Sharon Welch" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Sharon Welch. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.