Shayne M. Bowen
|Shayne M. Bowen|
|First Quorum of the Seventy|
|April 1, 2006|
|Called by||Gordon B. Hinckley|
|Born||Shayne Martell Bowen|
August 29, 1954
Rigby, Idaho, United States
Search Shayne M. Bowen on Amazon.
Shayne Martell Bowen (born August 29, 1954) has been a general authority of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church) since 2006.
Bowen was born in Rigby, Idaho. From 1973 to 1975, he was a missionary in the church's Chile Santiago Mission. During his time in Santiago, Bowen was briefly imprisoned by the Augusto Pinochet regime under suspicions of espionage. He was released when they realized he was simply a missionary. After his mission he studied at Brigham Young University, where he received a bachelor's degree in English and a minor in Spanish in 1977.
Bowen was employed in the insurance business and was president and owner of Bowen Insurance, now known as BowenGroup. He is married to Lynette Mortensen and they are the parents of seven children.
Bowen has served in a variety of positions within the LDS Church, including bishop, high councilor, stake president (twice), president of the Spain Barcelona Mission (2000–03) and area seventy.
In April 2006, Bowen was appointed a member of the First Quorum of the Seventy. As a general authority, he has served as president of the church's South America South Area from 2008 to 2010, as an Assistant Executive Director in the church's Priesthood Department, and since August 2014 as a counselor in the church's Philippines Area.
- ↑ Dockstader Heaps, Julie (22 April 2006). "Reliance on faith prepared new leader well: Values and beliefs have been mainstay through joy and trial". Church News. Retrieved 2015-05-06..
- ↑  Mormon Channel, Conversations, Elder Shayne M. Bowen.
- ↑ "New stake presidents", Church News, December 8, 1990
- ↑ "New stake presidents", Church News, March 27, 2004
- ↑ "New mission presidents", Church News, February 12, 2000
- ↑ "New area seventies", Church News, April 16, 2005
- ↑ "Area Leadership Assignments, 2014" Church News, 3 May 2014.
- "Elder Shayne M. Bowen Of the Seventy," Liahona, May 2006, p. 124
- "General Authorities: Elder Shayne M. Bowen", lds.org
- Grampa Bill's G.A. Pages: Shayne M. Bowen
- BowenGroup's Homepage
This article "Shayne M. Bowen" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Shayne M. Bowen. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.
- 1954 births
- American Mormon missionaries in Spain
- American Mormon missionaries in Chile
- People from Rigby, Idaho
- Brigham Young University alumni
- Mission presidents (LDS Church)
- Members of the First Quorum of the Seventy (LDS Church)
- People from Idaho Falls, Idaho
- Area seventies (LDS Church)
- 20th-century Mormon missionaries
- 21st-century Mormon missionaries
- American general authorities (LDS Church)
- Religious leaders from Idaho
- Latter Day Saints from Idaho