Silicon Valley Law Group
|No. of attorneys||8|
|Major practice areas||Business litigation, Corporate & Securities, Employment, Environmental law, Financial services, Intellectual property, Real Estate & Land Use, Tax planning|
|Key people||Bernard Vogel III|
|Founder||F. McCauley Small, Jr., David V. Duperrault, James C. Chapman, and Robert M. Vantress|
Silicon Valley Law Group (SVLG), a California law firm located in Silicon Valley, specializes in business litigation, corporate & securities, employment law, environmental law, financial services, intellectual property law, real estate & land use, and tax planning. The firm's CEO, Bernard Vogel III, is a shareholder and President of Silicon Valley Law Group.
The firm is located at One North Market St. Suite 200, San Jose, CA 95113.
Silicon Valley Law Group was founded in 1995 by five partners, "Mac" Small, Pat Adair, David Duperrault, Robert Vantress and James Chapman. Subsequently, Pat Adair left the firm and SVLG was then joined by Christopher Ashworth in 1998 and Myron Brody, Lucy Lofrumento and Bernard Vogel, III in April 2000.
On October 20, 2011, Silicon Valley Law Group announced through a press release that the Dincel Group, consisting of trial attorneys Kim Dincel, Christopher Lai, and Jonathan Rose, will join the firm in the litigation department. Occurring within three months of Bernard Vogel's promotion to CEO, this will mark the firm's largest expansion since the economic downturn.
In 2019, shareholder Stephen S. Wu launched a website associated with Silicon Valley Law Group which focuses on artificial intelligence and robotics law.
Firm Areas of Practice
- Business Litigation
- Corporate & Securities
- Environmental Law
- Financial Services
- Intellectual Property Law
- Real Estate & Land Use
- Tax Planning
- Kathryn E. Barrett
- William L. Bretschneider
- Edward A. Kraus
- Jeffrey Lawson
- Michael W. Stebbins
- Marc G. van Niekerk
- Bernard Vogel, III
- Stephen S. Wu
San Jose's Metro Newspaper of Silicon Valley has named Silicon Valley Law Group as "Best Large Law Firm," as part of Metro's Best of Silicon Valley 2011.
Super Lawyers magazine has nominated several SVLG attorneys as 2011 Super Lawyers, including Myron Brody, David Duperrault, Jeff Lawson, Lucy Lofrumento, Frank Maiorana, and Bernard Vogel. This will be the seventh year that they have been nominated.
- "SVLG CEO Press Release" (PDF). Retrieved 26 August 2011.
- "Contact Us | San Jose Corporate Lawyers Silicon Valley Law Group". www.svlg.com. Retrieved 2020-01-14.
- "Dincel Group Joins SVLG Press Release" (PDF). Retrieved 5 December 2011.
- "Metro Newspaper Names SVLG as One of Silicon Valley's Best Large Law Firms". Retrieved 26 August 2011.
- "Super Lawyers: Myron L. Brody, Attorney Profile". Retrieved 24 August 2011.
- "Super Lawyers: David V. Duperrault, Attorney Profile". Retrieved 24 August 2011.
- "Super Lawyers: Jeffrey S. Lawson, Attorney Profile". Retrieved 24 August 2011.
- "Super Lawyers: Lucy Lofrumento, Attorney Profile". Retrieved 24 August 2011.
- "Super Lawyers: Frank H. Maiorana, Attorney Profile". Retrieved 24 August 2011.
- "Super Lawyers: Bernard J. Vogel III, Attorney Profile". Retrieved 24 August 2011.
|This United States law firm article is a stub. You can help EverybodyWiki by expanding it.|
This article "Silicon Valley Law Group" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Silicon Valley Law Group. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.