Mother Bernadette Mary
|Native name||Sinéad O'Connor|
|Mother Bernadette Mary|
Independent Catholic Bishop
Couldn't parse video from https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaJmMC7W6kU1QVaa1xb-2Hg
Sinéad O'Connor, a popular Irish singer, brought notoriety to the Independent Catholic Movement when she was ordained an Independent Catholic priest.
- 8 Dec 1966 - Born
- Apr 1999 - Ordained to the Presbyterate by Michael Patrick O’Connor Cox, in Lourdes, France
In the News
- O’Connor, from a Priest to a Muslim” (2018) Middle East Online.
- [O’Connor’s cross to bear: Star’s open battle with religion from Catholic priesthood to Islam”(2018) Metro News.
- Scary: Sinead O’Connor threatens to bash bishop who ordained her and throw him on fire unless he leaves church she owns” (2018) The Irish Sun.
- O’connor on the Catholic Church and Why She Stepped Back from Being a Priest” (2014) Billboard.
- O'Connor interview: ‘I deserve to be a priest. Music is a priesthood’” (2014) The Guardian.
- Singer Priest Sinead O’Connor” (1999) RTE Archives.
- Says She Will Live in Lourdes” (1999) The Irish Times.
An Irish singer and songwriter, Sinéad rose to fame in the late 1980s and achieved worldwide success in 1990 with a new arrangement of Prince's song "Nothing Compares 2 U." After stating on RTÉ’s Late Late Show that had she not been a singer, she would have wished to have been a Catholic priest, Bishop Cox contact her and offered to ordain her. 19 years after her ordination within the Independent Sacramental Movement, she converted to Islam in 2018.