Six Guns for Hire
|Six Guns for Hire|
|Genre||Western, Science Fiction|
|Written by||Matthew Campagna|
|Directed by||Matthew Campagna, Melissa D'Agostino|
|Production company(s)||Dei Gratia Pictures|
Search Six Guns for Hire on Amazon.
Six Guns for Hire is a 2021 post-apocalyptic sci-fi western film directed by Matt Campagna and co-directed by Melissa D'Agostino.. The film follows a group of strangers gathering to split the loot from a train robbery, as a detective pursues them, discovering a conspiracy as he investigates their crime. The film stars Colm Feore returning for the third film in the series.
- Colm Feore as The Man in Black
- Carlo Rota as The Bandit
- Maurice Dean Wint as The Gunslinger
- Oyin Oladejo as The Bounty Killer
- Patrick Kwok-Choon as The Deputy
- Juan Chioran as The Swindler
- Alice Moran as The Locksmith
- Darryl Hinds as The Tycoon
- Justin Michael Carriere as The Preacher
- Lara Zaluski as The Preacher's Wife
- Dale Boyer as The Lady Proctor
- Mark Andrada as The Gentleman Proctor
- Trevor Martin as The Detective
Six Guns for Hire is the third post-apocalyptic western developed by Toronto-based screenwriter Matt Campagna, all of which exist in the same fictional world, without having traditional sequel or prequel relationships.
Six Guns for Hire begin filming in March 2021, during the COVID-19 Pandemic using a novel shooting plan which included green screen and visual effects to keep the cast and crew safe while in production. This process included industry-standard COVID testing, but also featured a small on-set crew with telecommuting some crew-members, filming actors to one at a time to combine multiple performances into the same shot in post-production, and using a malleable shooting schedule to safely enable actors days on set to be shuffled, all of which resulted in never needing to pause or shut down filming.
Colm Feore plays The Man in Black, a character who rules an apocalyptic outpost of humanity using a combination of religious and authoritarian tactics. Filming his scenes alone against a green screen, this marks Feore's third collaboration on a Sci-Fi Western with director Campagna returning to the series following Six Days to Die and Six Reasons Why.
- Barraclough, Leo (12 March 2021). "Umbrella Academy's Colm Feore to Star in Post-Apocalyptic Western Six Guns for Hire EXCLUSIVE". Variety Magazine. Retrieved 18 April 2021.
- Townsend, Kelly (12 March 2021). "Campagna's Six Guns for Hire rolls in Toronto". Playback Magazine. Retrieved 18 April 2021.
- Hertz, Barry (2 May 2021). "An airport selfie, free sandwiches, and a pandemic: How a Colm Feore sci-fi western trilogy became a reality". The Globe and Mail. Retrieved 3 May 2021.
- Macrea, Craig (2 June 2021). "Colm Feore Talks 'Six Guns For Hire'". Entertainment Tonight. Retrieved 5 June 2021.
Added third source and details on notable production process
This article "Six Guns for Hire" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Six Guns for Hire. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.