Skye Canyon, Nevada
Skye Canyon is a master-planned community in Las Vegas, Nevada, United States. It is comprised of 1,000 acres of land that contains roughly 6,500 homes. Designated bike lanes, walking paths, parks, a fitness center, sports facilities, picnic areas and a playground are found within this community.
There's also the Skye Canyon Marketplace, which is a 250,000-square-foot retail and restaurant space that contains Smith's Marketplace, another retail center with 124,000 square feet. Groceries, household décor, apparel, several restaurants and a pharmacy are located here, as well as boutique shops, dry cleaners, banks and other essentials. These marketplaces are located on the northwest corner of Skye Canyon Park Drive and Grand Canyon Drive.
Skye Canyon is within Las Vegas, which is located in part of the Mojave Desert, the driest desert in North America. This gives it a hot desert climate, as well as clear skies and sunshine almost year-round.
Summers are quite hot and dry, with temperatures often exceeding 100 degrees Fahrenheit. The fall and spring seasons are often sunny and dry, with temperatures ranging from 70 to 80 degrees Fahrenheit. Winters are windy and cooler, with temperatures around 50 to 60 degrees Fahrenheit. Temperatures rarely drop below freezing and snowfall is exceptionally rare, though winters do bring rain.
Community parks, resorts and campgrounds are located near Skye Canyon in the Las Vegas area. These include:
- Floyd Lamb Park at Tule Springs.
- Las Vegas Paiute Golf Resort.
- Desert National Wildlife Refuge.
- Spring Mountains Visitor Gateway.
- The Resort on Mt. Charleston.
- Fletcher View Campground.
- Red Rock Canyon Visitor Center.
- Mt. Charleston Lodge.
- Lee Canyon ski resort.
Skye Canyon is located near downtown Las Vegas and the Las Vegas Strip. The Las Vegas Strip is a stretch of South Las Vegas Boulevard that has a high concentration of hotels and casinos. Its hotels, casinos, restaurants, residential buildings and entertainment options have made it a popular and iconic tourist destination.
Elementary schools near Skye Canyon include:
- William and Mary Scherkenbach Elementary School.
- James H. Bilbray Elementary School.
- Kenneth Divich Elementary.
Middle schools near Skye Canyon include:
- Ralph Cadwallader Middle School.
- Edmundo Escobedo Sr. Middle School.
High schools near Skye Canyon include:
- Arbor View High School.
Charter schools near Skye Canyon include:
- Somerset Academy Elementary and Middle School.
Skye Canyon has plans for additional elementary, middle and high school facilities.
- "Q+A: Houses popping up at long-dormant Skye Canyon development on valley's northwest edge". lasvegassun.com. Retrieved 2019-08-20.
- "Mojave climate: Average Temperature, weather by month, Mojave weather averages - Climate-Data.org". en.climate-data.org. Retrieved 2019-03-14.
- "Parks and Recreation". cityofnorthlasvegas.com. Retrieved 2019-08-20.
- "Zoning Information". www.ccsd.net. Retrieved 2019-08-20.
- "Expanding master-planned community in northwest valley draws crowds of potential homebuyers". lasvegassun.com. Las Vegas Sun.
- "New park memorializes police officer killed in the line of duty". 8newsnow.com. 8newsnow.
- "Northwest resorts cater to homeowners with outdoor lifestyle". businesspress.vegas. Las Vegas Business Press.
- "Lee Canyon hosts 'Pray For Snow' Party, winter clothing drive". news3lv.com. News 3 Las Vegas.
- "Fit Fest happening March 10". http://cwlasvegas.com. The CW Las Vegas. External link in
- "Skye Canyon and Lee Canyon donate to Project 150 on Giving Tuesday". ktnv.com. KTNV Las Vegas.
- "Skye Canyon hosts 2nd annual Chalktoberfest". fox5vegas.com. Fox 5 Las Vegas.
This article "Skye Canyon, Nevada" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Skye Canyon, Nevada. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.