|Founder 👔||Charlie Davies and Simon Oscroft|
Area served 🗺️
Number of employees
So Energy is a renewable energy company headquartered in London, UK. The privately held company was established in 2015 by former Macquarie traders Charlie Davies and Simon Oscroft. The electricity supplied by So Energy is from renewable sources.
So Energy was started in 2015 with two employees. The founders wanted to reinstate trust in energy suppliers. The company sources its electricity from a combination of renewable sources namely hydro, wind, solar and biomass. The hydro power comes from projects in Scotland and Wales, wind power from Anglesey and solar power from farms in England. It also supplies gas.
In October 2020, So Energy partnered with Morrison Data Services to deliver meter reading, data management and smart metering installation services in parts of UK. The company further expanded its services by partnering with Axpo UK, a Swiss renewable energy producer, to improve access to short and long-term commodity markets and other renewable energy sources. It also collaborated with HomeServe, a home emergency repairs business.
In 2017, So Energy was recognized for its customer service by The Hounslow Chamber. As of 2020, it has more than 200,000 customers and has topped Citizens Advice’s energy supplier rankings for the sixth time in Q2 2020.
- "Who are So Energy?". moneysupermarket.com. Retrieved 27 November 2019.
- Harding, Jade. "So Energy". Which?. which.co.uk.
- Stoker, Liam. "So Energy commits to customer choice over renewables supply". Current. current-news.co.uk. Retrieved November 30, 2017.
- Staff. "Compare Compare So Energy gas and electricity prices electricity and gas prices". UK Power. ukpower.co.uk.
- Nhede, Nicholas (13 October 2020). "UK's So Energy selects Morrison Data Services for smart meter rollout". Smart Energy International. Retrieved October 14, 2020.
- Staff (20 January 2020). "Axpo UK signs energy supply and trading deal with power supplier So Energy". Reuters. Retrieved January 20, 2020.
- Editor (20 January 2020). "So Energy signs three-year energy trading deal with Axpo". Utility Week.
- Staff (2 January 2019). "So Energy announces partnership with home repair service". Utility Week.
- Staff (4 January 2019). "So Energy announces partnership with HomeServe". PHPI Online. Retrieved January 4, 2019.
- News (16 October 2017). "The Hounslow Business Award Winners 2017". Hounslow Chamber. Retrieved October 16, 2017.
- John, Adam (29 September 2020). "So Energy tops star ratings as challengers continue to dominate". Utility Week. Retrieved September 29, 2020.
- Bush, Joe. "So Energy tops Citizens Advice supplier rankings table". Startups Magazine.
This article "So Energy" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:So Energy. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.