Did you know a wiki could be used internally in your company ? For better knowledge management and internal communication. Less email and office files. 30 days free trial. (Ad)
Social Media Church
|Type of business||Private|
Type of site
Nils Smith, hostJay Kranda, former host
|Website||Social Media Church|
The Social Media Church (often abbreviated as SMC) is a US-based podcast for conversations about maximizing social media, online trends and strategies for churches, parachurches, non profit organizations and other ministries. It connects leaders and is designed to provide practical examples and strategies how social media and technology can be used effectively in ministry. It is hosted by Nils Smith and formerly co-hosted by Jay Kranda.
DJ Chuang is a strategy consultant with various ministries like Leadership Network and with American Bible Society as .BIBLE Registry Manager. He has been blogging since 1999 about faith, social media and multiethnicity. In 2016, he released a book entitled MultiAsian.Church: A Future for Asian Americans in a Multiethnic World, a strategic guide for ministry in a multiethnic world. It consolidated his research and experiences for over nearly 20 years.
Nils Smith, the Chief Strategist Social Media+Innovation at Dunham+Company, is currently hosting the Social Media Church podcasts. He is the author of The Social Media Guide for Ministry and has been very active in providing web resources for churches and organizations through social media consulting, speaking engagements, podcasting and creating courses in various online institutions. He launched the online ministry for Community Bible Church which reached over 12,000 people each week from more than 400 different cities around the world and a growing Facebook Community of over 850,000 people.
The SMC podcasts are conversations with church leaders about social media, usually lasting around 20 - 40 minutes. Church leaders and influencers from various fields are invited to dig into digital trends and how it can be maximized for ministry.
IV. Social Media Church University
Social Media Church University is an online learning institution to help churches maximize social media for ministry. According to Lillard, K. (2010), “43% of churches say social media is one of the most effective ways for them to communicate and engage with people.” It’s also a vital tool in reaching the millennial generation. Social media provides great platform in connecting people, getting to know them, networking and having conversations. Currently, this online university is offering three courses: Snapchat Basic Course, Online Church Leaders, and Social Media Church Basics.
- "Social Media Church Site info". Retrieved 11 November 2017.
- "7 Church Leadership Podcasts Pastors Need to Subscribe to. Retrieved November 2011". Tate, Holly (2016).
- "7 Church Leadership Podcasts Pastors Need to Subscribe to. Retrieved November 2011". Costello, Thomas (April 4, 2017).
- "DJ Chuang Site info". Retrieved 1 November 2011.
- "Multi-Asian Church Official website".
- "Social Media Guide for Ministry: What it is and How to Use it". amazon.com.
- "Nils Smith Official Website". Retrieved 1 November 2011.
- Gryboski, Michael (2014). Texas Megachurch Launches Amazon Fire Channel. Retrieved from: www.christianpost.com
- "Social Media Church Podcast".
- "Social Media Church University".
- Rev. Dr. Lillard, Kenneth (2010). Social Media and Ministry: Sharing the Gospel in the Digital Age. ISBN 978-0-557-86352-5 Search this book on .
This article "Social Media Church" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Social Media Church. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.