|Directed by||Gregory Austin McConnell|
|Written by||Gregory Austin McConnell|
|Edited by||Gregory Austin McConnell|
Search Sprouting Orchids on Amazon.
Sprouting Orchids  is a UK Sci-Fi romance feature film created by Gregory Austin McConnell. It premiered in January 2014, at the No/Gloss Film Festival 2014 (Leeds Independent Film Festival).
A young man and woman recover from separate tragedies. Unseen forces in the universe work to bring them together for a purpose far greater than themselves.
Austin McConnell started an Indiegogo campaign to fund the film. The Goal was set to $3,000. But in the end, $1,245 was raised by friends and family. With the help of an Angel Investor the total goal reached $2,245.
Berlin web magazine Shlur reviewed the film from its screening in the No/Gloss Film Festival 2014 (Leeds Independent Film Festival) , saying it was "an intriguing wonderful mess of a film and a monument to where ambition and budget come apart" and that "a few issues sadly spoil it", but also that it had grace from a promising director.
Three years later on October 5th 2017, Austin released a video on his youtube channel reflecting the movie's creation process and assessing his experiences as a director. In this video he admits that he was not proud of it, and thus removing it from Amazon On-Demand and Vimeo On-Demand. In the same video, Austin deals with ideas that could be helpful for new or/and aspiring filmmaker. The point of his video is to show that it is alright when you fail at something. According to him, you should pick it up and learn from your mistakes.
- "i made a movie. it stunk". YouTube. October 5, 2017. Retrieved April 21, 2018.
- "Sprouting Orchids". Rotten Tomatoes. Retrieved April 21, 2018.
- "No/Gloss Film Festival Announced Film Schedule 2014". Retrieved April 21, 2018.
- "Sprouting Orchids". Indiegogo. Retrieved January 27, 2016.
- McConnell, Gregory Austin. "Sprouting Orchids The Moxie Screening". Retrieved April 21, 2018.
- Coe, Sam (April 21, 2018). "No/Gloss Film Festival 2014 Review". Shlur. Retrieved April 21, 2018.
This article "Sprouting Orchids" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Sprouting Orchids. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.