Star Wars fandom
It has been suggested that this article be merged into Cultural impact of Star Wars. (Discuss) Proposed since November 2019.
The Star Wars fandom is the community of fans of the Star Wars film series and other related media.
The franchise has gained a notable presence on the internet thanks to the advance of social media platforms Facebook, Twitter and YouTube. On top of the many fan edits the franchise has inspired like Harmy's Despecialized Edition, there have been various memes related to specific moments in the movies themselves, like a mistranslated Chinese bootleg of Star Wars: Episode III – Revenge of the Sith and 'TR-8R' from Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
Conversely, the polarizing reception to Star Wars: The Last Jedi led to instances of review bombing on review aggregation websites. The cast and crew of The Last Jedi would also receive backlash and be bombarded with hate speech.
• Chad Vader: Day Shift Manager
• Star Wars Kid
• 501st Legion
• Rebel Legion
- "Supercuts: 15 Movie Fan Edits That Blow The Originals Away". Comic Book Resources. Retrieved March 23, 2019.
- "These Are the 5 Best 'Star Wars' Fan Edits". Inverse. Retrieved March 23, 2019.
- "Top ten Star Wars myths and legends: Do not want". VirginMedia.com. Archived from the original on March 3, 2016. Retrieved December 30, 2008. Unknown parameter
- "'Revenge of the Sith' Dubbed With Bootleg Chinese Dialogue Is a Fan-Made Masterpiece". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved March 23, 2019.
- "Let Us Rejoice That Someone Dubbed The Entire Chinese Bootleg of Revenge of the Sith". io9. Retrieved March 23, 2019.
- "TR-8R". Know Your Meme. Retrieved March 23, 2019.
- "The 14 Best TR-8R Memes in the Galaxy (SPOILER)". Dorkly. Retrieved March 23, 2019.
- Robertson, Adi (March 7, 2019). "How movie sites are dealing with review-bombing trolls". The Verge. Retrieved March 23, 2019.
- Youngs, Ian (December 20, 2017). "Star Wars: The Last Jedi – the most divisive film ever?". BBC News. Retrieved March 23, 2019.
- George Lucas felt Disney "betrayed" him and the franchise with Star Wars: The Force Awakens
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker Director J.J. Abrams Acknowledges Fandom Menace
This article "Star Wars fandom" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Star Wars fandom. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.