Static Shock Records
|Static Shock Records|
|Country of origin||United Kingdom|
Static Shock Records is an English independent record label, gig promoter, and distro specialising in underground punk founded in London in 2008. Since 2012 the label has organised a 'Static Shock Weekend' festival most years at different venues in the city. Bands to play the festival include Iron Lung, Pharmakon, Limp Wrist, Sauna Youth, and Sheer Mag.
Acclaimed Releases[edit | edit source]
Debuting on July 6, 2017 via streaming by NPR Music and physically released July 14, 2017 in a co-release with the Wilsuns Recording Company, Static Shock Records released Need To Feel Your Love by Sheer Mag. It received acclaim from reviewers, some of them calling it one of the best LPs of 2017.
Artists on Static Shock Records[edit | edit source]
- Beta Blockers
- Blazing Eye
- Career Suicide
- Cold Meat
- Idiota Civilizzato
- The Love Triangle
- The Number Ones
- Perspex Flesh
- Sauna Youth
- Sheer Mag
- The Shitty Limits
- TV Crime
- Uranium Club
- Urban Blight
- Violent Future
- Violent Reaction
- Young Governor
References[edit | edit source]
- Scott, Tim (7 June 2017). "Sievehead and Their Cracking Post Punk Will Demolish You". Noisey. Vice. Retrieved 6 April 2018.
- Scott, Tim (19 September 2016). "Uranium Club Return With More 80s Inspired Stabby and Jabby Midwestern Punk". Noisey. Vice. Retrieved 6 April 2018.
- Scott, Tim (4 December 2017). "The Number Ones Remain Atop the Punky Power Pop Pile". Noisey. Vice. Retrieved 6 April 2018.
- Glickman, David (7 January 2017). "Uranium Club All of Them Naturals". Pitchfork. Pitchfork Media Group. Retrieved 6 April 2018.
- "Static Shock Records Discogs Page". Retrieved 6 April 2018.
- Amelia (3 November 2016). "Create to Destroy! Static Shock Weekend". Maximum Rock and Roll. Retrieved 9 April 2018.
- Minsker, Evan (28 February 2018). "Cold Meat "Maternity Stomp"". Pitchfork. Pitchfork Media Group. Retrieved 17 April 2018.
- Renshaw, David (10 May 2017). "Sheer Mag Announces Debut Album, Need To Feel Your Love". The Fader. The Fader Media group. Retrieved 15 April 2018.
- Renshaw, David (5 January 2017). "Sheer Mag To Release Compilation LP Ahead Of Their 2017 Debut Full-Length". The Fader. The Fader Media group. Retrieved 15 April 2018.
|This article about a United Kingdom record label is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
This article "Static Shock Records" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Static Shock Records. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.