Born Jackson, Michigan, Rishel moved to North Texas in his early youth. Unlike many of his contemporaries, Rishel was never formally trained in a culinary school, but rather was self taught through working with his father in the kitchen and applying principles shared by his grandfather when cooking from their garden.
Rishel began working in professional kitchens for the Pappas Restaurants at the age of 23 and earned the position of executive chef at Brackets inside the Hotel Palomar in Dallas, Texas. After Brackets, Rishel was invited to develop a new menu of "Southern cuisine for a sophisticated palate" as the Executive Chef for the new Sisu Uptown Resort in Dallas in 2012.
From Sisu, Rishel was hired by Max's Wine Dive a small chain that featured a chain-wide menu, but also gave chefs leeway to create their own dishes. Rishel was brought on as Executive Chef to open their Fort Worth, Texas location in 2013. There, he developed a following with his upscale comfort food developed with assorted wine pairings.
Rishel was later brought on as the Executive Chef for the new 51fifteen Cuisine & Cocktails location at the Saks Fifth Avenue in the Galleria Mall in Houston, Texas. The new concept restaurant featured a rotating menu of cuisine that aimed to be globally minded, but locally inspired. The new restaurant venture received critical acclaim, however Rishel’s tenure at the upscale Sak’s restaurant was relatively brief as he was too far away from his wife and newborn and missed the collaborative culinary culture he found in Fort Worth.
Rishel went on to serve as Executive Chef and General Manager of Texas Bleu Steakhouse in Keller, Texas. As of June 2018, Rishel has begun representing his own restaurant venture, Wishbone & Flynt. 
Awards and Recognition
While at Max's Wine Dive, Rishel won a number of local culinary awards, including Fort Worth, Texas Magazine’s Best Comfort Food 2014, Best use of Bacon 2014, and Best Brunch in Fort Worth for both 2014 and 2015. He also competed and won in their “Top Chef” competition in 2015 as well as being awarded the Best Dish at Taste of Fort Worth 2015. Rishel has served on the Chef's Committee for the Fort Worth Food & Wine Festival
This article "Stefon Rishel" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Stefon Rishel. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.
- Dombeck, Tammy. "What's For Dinner with Doug Renfro & Stefon Rishel". Greets, Eats, and All That. Greets, Eats, and All That. Retrieved 2 January 2019.
- "Stefon Rishel: Max's Wine Dive", Fort Worth, Texas Magazine, 2015, retrieved February 3, 2017
- "51fifteen to Relaunch in The New Saks Fifth Avenue, Houston Galleria", The Katy News, 6 April 2016, retrieved February 3, 2017
- Jordan, Eli. "Scene and Be Seen -Texas Blue Steakhouse". Avid Golfer. Retrieved 2 January 2019.
- Russ (news anchor), McCaskey (21 October 2015). "Stefon Rishel Named Fort Worth's Top Chef". CBS 11 News Mid-day. Event occurs at 1108. CBS. KTVT CBS 11.
- Abril, Danielle (17 July 2013), "Max's Wine Dive names executive chef at Fort Worth location", Dallas Business Journal, retrieved 3 February 2017
- Thorn, Brett (20 August 2013). "The latest chefs on the move". Nation’s Restaurant News. Retrieved February 3, 2017.
- Kennedy, Bud. "Once-popular brunch spot Max's Wine Dive sinks into Fort Worth's Seventh Street Area". Star-Telegram. Fort Worth Star-Telegram. Retrieved 2 January 2019.
- Philpot, Robert (28 October 2016), "Former Max's Wine Dive chef headed to Texas Bleu in Keller", Star-Telegram, retrieved February 3, 2017
- Ryan (news anchor), Tim; Przybyl, Lauren (news anchor) (21 October 2015). "Beer Braised Beef Ribs". Good Day. Event occurs at 0842. FOX. FOX4.
- Philpot, Robert (23 March 2016). "Max's Wine Dive Fort Worth chef departs". DFW.com. Retrieved February 3, 2017.
- Dabney, Courtney (4 Nov 2016), "FWB Food & Wine: Great Harvest Bakery coming to Magnolia", Fort Worth Business Press, retrieved February 3, 2017
- Lane, Jeff (31 July 2016), "51fifteen Cuisine & Cocktails Dine Write", Local Houston Magazine, retrieved February 3, 2017
- Levitt, Alice (27 April 2016), "A Revitalized 51fifteen Reopens at the Galleria's Saks Fifth Avenue", Houstonia Magazine, retrieved February 3, 2017
- Blok, Celestina (25 June 2018). "These are the 5 best food and drink events in Fort Worth this week". Culture Map Fort Worth. Retrieved July 29, 2018.